The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Amazing stories and fantastic coincidences (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
1tepa1
View Profile
Inner circle
1282 Posts

Profile of 1tepa1
Quote:
On 2009-09-26 05:40, FloKiel wrote:
Half a year ago I was invited to a friends party.
Some people were sitting around playing poker and as some of them knew that I was a magician they asked me to do something.
I grabbed the deck and classic forced a card on someone.
(" Pick a card - any card.. except the 8 of spades")
She picked the card and freaked out! It was very easy to force the card on her.. so I decided to do it again - it worked! .. a third time - again the 8 of spades!
The crowd was screaming Smile

I decided to continue with another routine and asked the girl to shuffle the deck and then to spread it on the table - so did she. I asked her to pick a card..
Guess what happened? The one card she freely selected was the 8 of spades!!!
If you've ever witnessed a similar coincidence you probably know what it feels like! Pure magic!

I knew I couldn't top that and quit.

This has happened to me 2 times with two different guys.

The first time he took the same card 2 times in a row even tho I wasnt classic forcing it. Theb when I spread the cards on the table it happened again! Pure magic.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
When I was an elementary school teacher, our school held an evening open house for parents to come in and wonder around to meet the teachers and peruse the facilities. The students knew me as a magician as well as a teacher of course. At one point in the evening a little girl dragged her mother through a crowded hallway to ask me to show her mum a trick. I said, “I can’t always do magic just like that,” and I clapped my hands together. At that very instant, there was a power failure and all of the lights in the school when out. There were gasps up and down the hall and the emergency lights came on. Word spread like wild fire around the school that “Mr. Taylor had ‘magiced’ the lights out.” It wasn’t long before the principal came by to see what the real story was. I explained to him that, “I was asked to do magic and I clapped my hands like this,” and I clapped my hands again. You guessed it: the lights came back on.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
I was jamming cards with a magic buddy and I had a deck spread face up on the table. I then then said something about the cards all being different, and then squared and picked up the pack. For some reason, he took this to mean that he should look at the spread and think of a card. I then spread the cards face own, and asked him to pick any card. You guessed it, he picked his thought of card. He then went nuts, and demanded to know how I'd classic forced a thought of card from a ribbon spread. After recovering myself, I looked him in the eye, smiled, shrugged, and said "it's a gift".

-Leo
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
I was doing a sponge ball routine for a female friend, and was at the finale, where the four sponges turn into one giant one, and had just made the switch. Holding the giant sponge in her fist, she pulls her hand away and asks "can you turn it into one big one?" Heh. When she opened her hand, and that ball grew and grew, she started shaking, turned white, dropped the ball and ran out of the room. Later she told me she had to leave to "wash the magic from her hand".
malaki
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of malaki
My first regular, paying gig, was table hopping at a Shotgun Sam's Pizza Palace. Shotgun Sam's was a family place, with somewhat low lighting so that the band could be lighted on the platform.

I had been working on a busy Saturday night, and was being watched by a table that had a family with four kids. I received a request from that table next, where I started doing my routine for the two exhausted adults and the four kids that were obviously still turbo-charged. After a couple of effects, I was contemplating moving on to get away from the kids that were, at that time, not exactly well behaved. I had just finished the half dollar thru silk, and as I talked to them, the 18" silk was hanging in front of me by two adjacent corners. At this moment, the youngest boy jumped up, and drew his hand back, shouting "If you are so good, make this quarter disappear!" Then he threw the quarter at the silk, causing the entire place to stop and watch.

With no time to think, I allowed my martial arts training to kick in. My hands made an arc inwards and down. The silk unfurled in front of me, with no sound of the quarter hitting the floor. To my disbelief, I had caught the quarter in my right hand!

Following the first rule of magic (take credit!) I calmly showed both sides of the silk, trying to suppress a grin. I then reached under the silk and reproduced the quarter, handing it back to the kid. The entire restaurant erupted in applause! Then the best line I have ever heard - his dad said "now sit down and behave before he uses that silk on you!"

From that point forward, the kids were all golden, and I received a nice tip to boot!

I love those moments when the fates seem to smile upon you...

PS
I have since tried to no avail to practice this particular vanish. There are just too many variables to make it a reliable addition to my routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Amazing stories and fantastic coincidences (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL