The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Perfect Asunder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
http://www.perfectasunder.cjb.net/

Has anyone heard of this? This is supposed to be an improved version of Torn Asunder. I'm not sure if I can trust this DVD, because of the demo. Is there anyone who has bought it?
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
If anyone still has a recording of that Copperfield special where Gretsky allowed his card to "torn"...it always bothered me that the signatures on the before and after didn't even match. I always assumed that the effect was simply made for TV and not actually a practical real world effect at all...at least not in the manner in which it was performed.

M&S
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Maybe Perfect Asunder is made for TV too...
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
A dodgy website it appears.

The video demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_WccSdQyQ0

I highly doubt the card can be examined.

The fact that the website appears dodgy, now when I look at it again, is probably because it was made in Finland. English is not their native tongue.

Anyone know anything more about the DVD?
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Well, that looks... not good at all. No way this is practical. Not only that but the color changing back thing is just plain confusing. Way too figdety in the handling.

Also, can the card be signed?
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Ut says it can be signed all over. That pretty much says there that it cant be examined at the end. The "color changes" are the worst part of the effect. It would nice to have the effect with just the color changes like Color fusion, but not with a torn and restored card effect.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I am from finland and sadly I have little more experience with this. It has become a inside joke among finnish magicians and sadly its orginal author as well.

Its allready allmost year or more old and the reason why it hasnt been seen on Hank Lee or such is because of the quality. There was a rumor that it was sent to many dealers to preview and no one wanted to marked it. The Dvd was supposed to be made with big money but well, the quality is at most second hand and other than that it also lefts lot to be desired. Just watch the so called "marketing web site" and you get the idea of the quality. Its not that bad because it is finnish. Its because of the author...

The method is orginal as far as I know. I am quite familiar with dozens of torn and restored card methods, but I havent seen anything else published with this method.

Sadly also the method is its weakness. It can look extremely good but the price to pay for that is the examinability. It can be signed but in the end it is supposed to be examined or so the author claims. Its not. Because of that only thing this is good for is television cos Laymen want to see the card after it is restored. Also the preparation needed is quite extensive when compared to other methods avaible.

Finnish magicians have tons of good ideas and some could easily fill kick ass L&L quality DvD serie, but sadly this is one of the most useless things ever published. Reminds me of many expert magic products in a way. Can look very good on demo but reality is totally different thing. Save your money.

J-M
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Thanks for the reply! What are the live performances like in the DVD? He doesn't even hand the card out?
MagicalFreak3
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of MagicalFreak3
Magic and soul, Chris Kenners Torn Asunder, the version created for Copperfield was to be done for a TV special only and that's why Copperfield did it once only. Additionally Copperfield never performed this in front of live audience, he did it backstage with the owner of the card and the other guy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Perfect Asunder (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL