The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Excalibur Forcing Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
This is too good to bury in the accessories list.

Title: The Excalibur Forcing Deck
Medium: forcing deck
Arena: Mentalism, close up, stand up
Available: Any shop, distributed by Murphys Magic Supplies

You have an envelope hanging off of a string in the middle of the stage for the entirety of your show. At one point you ask for a spectator to come up and help you and you want to give a basic exhibit of your budding psychic abilities. You pull out a deck of cards and show the spec that it is a normal deck and you then ask him to say stop at any point and you start to lay cards down to the table top one at a time. The spec tells you stop and you immediately stop and had the card at that point to the spec and show that had he said stop a second earlier it would have been a different card, a second later a different card. The spec shows the card and you have him pull down the envelope and inside is a statement that the card selected would be and you are correct. This can be done with a card prediction mailed in advance or any other situation where you want to force a card. Hopefully you’ll use this when you want an extremely fair force and one that has a bit of drama to it.

This is a very good forcing deck that has a lot of attributes that other forcing decks do not have. First of all there is no rough and smooth, no short cards, in fact they are Bicycle brand cards and if you take the deck and through it off a cliff you can pretty easily make up another one once you know how it is constructed. There isn’t a quality question here, they are just Bikes and are the quality you expect from those cards. The deck is designed in a way that allows you to show the spectator the cards are normal then you are set up to force a card in a very clean manner and one that is almost fool proof. Almost because noting is perfect but you would have to run into a real trouble maker for it not to work. This is one of the nicest set ups for a forcing deck I’ve seen and it doesn’t have the problems some other forcing decks have. It is so good and the handling is such you would want to use this for a more broader magical demonstration than one on one but it would work just as well one on one.

What I really found of value here were the instructions written by the decks creator Devin Knight. Even if the deck wasn’t included, which wouldn’t make sense, the instructions would be worth the cost. Devin really understands magic and how it is presented. While you could read a few parts of the four printed pages of instructions and know how to do the force please, for your sake, read and re read the entire set of instructions. The scripting tips are crucial and Devins insight is spot on. He brings up and addresses a point that always bothered me about some magicians, that being they are guilty during performance. He provided direct and dead on advice here and if you are one of those guilty types read it until you understand it then follow the advice given. It is better than the advice I usually give, that is to wake up or quit magic, Devin tries to help. I’m very impressed with Devins creation, this is the second of his creations I’ve had, and while I don’t know much about him I think he shows the signs of being one of the better thinkers in the art.

If you want a good forcing deck get this one, you’ll use it, love it, and remember, really read the instructions because they are worth it. Good job by Devin Knight.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Throw not through...my correction didn't take.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Excalibur Forcing Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL