The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best packet deck? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

clui
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of clui
What is the best packet deck that you can buy.
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
I'm not sure what a packet deck is, but my favorite packet trick is the "Color Monte" by Emmerson & West. It comes with a great presentation and is alot of fun to do.
Magic is fun!!!
bilz
View Profile
New user
Cornwall, UK
88 Posts

Profile of bilz
Yeah - Color Monte is excellent - one of my favs but top of my list would be Twisted Sisters - a total stunner!

Bilz
Learn as if you would live forever...
...live as if you would die tomorrow.
eddiekap1
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of eddiekap1
Color Monte is highly recommended. It will give you basic sleight knowledge which will help in many tricks. I also like eye exam.

As far as decks, your basic stripper and Svengali deck is good to get used to handling cards. Learn some basic stuff and you will be well on your way. Smile
Cole
View Profile
New user
Calgary
63 Posts

Profile of Cole
I would have to suggest the Ultimate Three Card Monte by Michael Skinner. Great! It does require some practice though. I too would also recommend the svengalli or marked decks.

Good Luck!
clui
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of clui
Thanks for the posts, anyway how about the invisible deck...is it more worth it to make urself?
Caceres
View Profile
New user
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
6 Posts

Profile of Caceres
I recommend Ultimonte by Harold Cataquet. At the end you turn to have all 3 winner cards.

For the invisible deck I prefer to make it myself and use Bicycle Decks.
Juan Carlos Caceres
turd_ferguson
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
1 Post

Profile of turd_ferguson
I first started with a stripper deck, and have found each gimmicked deck (svengali, marked, invisible) to be useful, but even more useful is learning tricks/sleights with a normal deck. I am working hard...
cheeto4567
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of cheeto4567
For a Packet trick I'd go with NFW. I don't know where we'd go. Maybe to a magic convention or the beach. Its a great trick

http://www.digitalexpressions.nu/diary/cheeto4567
rvigon
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
266 Posts

Profile of rvigon
For me its a tight toss between nfw and twisted sisters but if pushed I'd probably say nfw[what does it mean again Smile ] and as for trick deck Smile I'd have to say invisible deck as that is the only one I use at the moment in my table hopping routine.
"No brilliance is required in magic, just determination and relatively clean fingernails."
davemanroe
View Profile
New user
England
4 Posts

Profile of davemanroe
NFW - One of my first, and still leaves me grinning when jaws hit the floor!

:righton:
david walsh
View Profile
Regular user
Bonnie Scotland
183 Posts

Profile of david walsh
The only packet trick that I do is Charge It. For entertainment values it is great, it always creates a stir. I find this makes it great for a closer in walkaround situations, the next group to be aproached are already wondering what all the comotion was about before you even reach them. I would recomend it to anyone.
David.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
For a beginner, (until you learn good spectator management, and ability to read people)a packet trick that ends clean is preferable (no gaffs left on the table),in case anyone makes a grab for the cards.To that end, Color Monte is a good one, Eye Exam too, can be structured so you end clean. There are others, but the two mentioned here and in a prior post are readily available.

Several versions of Vernon's Twisting The Aces are suitable. Recently I have been playing around with Nick Trost's excellent Razzle Dazzle.

The "best" packet trick may depend on the audience you are working for or venue you are working at.

Paul.
preston91
View Profile
Regular user
clearwater,fl
186 Posts

Profile of preston91
I like Virginia City Shuffle. twisting the aces, and Capitulating Queens.

Paul
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
"End of the Rainbow" by Joe Riding

an old effect...which I have been trying to track down for ages...an absolute MUST for the serious card man.

If you thought NFW was good...take a look at the big boy on the block!

Wulfie
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Ultimate 3 card monte by M. Skinner is the best i own!

This has gotten me thinking though, a "Packet Deck", perhaps someone could put together a bunch of packet tricks, enough to use 52 cards and sell them in deck form....

IE wildcard, twisted sisters, a bunch of counting things, etc.
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Twisted sisters, switcher, nfw, the web, invisible deck, 3 card monte, mental photography deck are good.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best packet deck? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL