The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Paul Harris - The Art of Astonishment Series - Regarding those overlooked tricks! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr.Crebar
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of Mr.Crebar
I have recently purchased "The Art of Astonishment" series by Paul Harris. He has a creativity about his magic that I truly enjoy, and that strongly reflects my style (or what I want my style of performance to be.) Many of the tricks I enjoy however, aren't those featured by other performers on magic video sites and other broadcasting forums/websites. This is only a concern for me simply because my learning style really requires that visual aspect that I'm not always able to get from reading a routine in print. Some of the tricks I am refering to are those not using cards, such as: Earth Shoes, Apple, light and heavy dime, Lip balm, hot chocolate, and so forth. Can anyone that has performed these and others like these featured in his series let me know some of the reactions they received? Also, the light and heavy dime routine requires a penny expanded shell. Where in the world can I get a penny sized shell? Keep in mind, I'm not refering to an english penny. thanks for your help!
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Mac King uses "Earth Shoes" in his show...and I can tell you that, when the rock hits the stage, everyone is floored!! (Excuse the pun). Looy put some thought into this routine and it's a real fooler.
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Bill Malone produces a lemon from his shoe in his bill to lemon routine.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
You can get a penny shell lots of ways. You can but The Bat. There is this pen out, adn I think it's called the "Electronic Rating Pen", or something. That comes with a shimmed penny shell too.
lt
View Profile
New user
US
50 Posts

Profile of lt
Look for the classic Dime and Penny trick (Adams magic, I think). It's a small version of the scotch and soda. I'm assuming you need the penny shell to fit over the dime...if you need one to fit over a penny, I can't help you. I'm in the process of ordering the AoA series, so I don't know the effect. Good luck.
Mr.Crebar
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of Mr.Crebar
Great, thanks guys
Maritess
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of Maritess
I used to do Earth Shoes, except I produced a bottle of beer from my shoe. don't ask--I was young, it was a phase I was going through--anyway, it worked very well and it is super duper easy.
Mikeal
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Mikeal
I know a street magician who makes his living performing on the street. He does a rock from shoe and sometimes a other things.
Dime and penney is available at every magic shop.
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Facelift (forgot which volume): A very overlooked item!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Paul Harris - The Art of Astonishment Series - Regarding those overlooked tricks! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL