The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Looking for your thoughts on Illusions for Clown Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
I Like the lean with a tippy(?) bottle. lean to one side then the other and the bottle stays strait up bending by bending in the middle.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
In Cirque Du Soleil's Kooza, they do two illusions. The show centres around clowns. The illusions are serious. One is Dekolta Chair done in a humourous style and ends with the mystery. This is done "seriously" well and is done with a member of the audience who reappears later. The illusions is not a vanish but a transformation to another person. The also do a vanish and transportation with a clever use of Illusion S--ps. There is absolutely no heat on them. This one is done as a paddy wagon taking the prisoner away and he magically escapes.
Mattillusion
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Mattillusion
There is a nicely made cutting in sixths illusion on magic auction right now that would be perfect for a clown show:

http://magicauction.com/Mag_auc/ILUnknownBuilder_pg1.htm
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Barstool levitation, hold the gas balloons and will lift you up. release it one by one and let you down.

cheers,
CC
wbzwolinski
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of wbzwolinski
I don't know if this was mentioned earlier but Karrell Fox performed as 'Milky the Clown' a very well loved magic clown here in Michigan from 1964 to 1967. Milky was the star and host of the a very popular local television show "Milky's Party Time" here which featured, among other things, Milky the Clown performing magic. There was a two year wait for tickets to that television show.
Keep it Simple...Play it BIG!!!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Jim Steinmeyer had an illusion using a super x type gimmick but long balloons underneath for support. A similar type thing could be done with a flying carpet.

Also the balloon sword box would be a good fit.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
398 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
When someone said miser's dream, I immediately thought,,, how about plucking banas from the air,droppiing them in a big box, as the beginning to a banana man type act( don't mean to suggest stealing the original, ,,, but cound be a whole concept act, beginning with two foam bananas..... by the way, when I was ronald for five years we did a carefully choreographed show of song, dance audience participation and centered around magic...... and I will take flame for this statement, but you can't argue with the success of the ronald character
Bumble
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Bumble
Quote:
On 2007-07-22 05:31, btedeski wrote:
I am looking for your thoughts on what Illusions would work in a Clown show. A solo performer, no assistant. I carry the show in a trailer so it does not need to fit in a car.

I am currently using

Balloon Box (Sword Cabinet but with Balloons)
The Dirt Eradicator (Fairchild Magic)
Walk-Away Super-X (With child from Audience)

Suggestions / Ideas Please
Bumble
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Bumble
For small effects that I have found play big and are totally suitable for a clown because of their appearance and colours it is worth checking out Wolfs Magic.
If your budget can stretch to it Bill Smith's Aquapuncture is a goodie,I got great mileage from mine in all the shows that I used it on.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Bill,
There is an old video called the Greatest clown acts of all time. There are many clips of Lou Jacobs and his car, bathtub, etc., But then you also have to watch about using those bits as clowns are even more protective in this case. Emmett Kelly's grandson even took his father Emmett Kelly Jr. to task for taking his father's makeup.

If you are looking for traditional clown routines, Clown act Omnibus is good source. Also there are a great many places that have film of circuses and clown acts available. Circus Report and the White Tops magazine has a bunch of these places listed. You can also look under Circus Fans of America for other information.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
jcmagicman
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of jcmagicman
How about the "Executive Production Briefcase?" It's a highly portable and flashy illusion.

You can read up more at this link below..

http://penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=4175
japanjazzy
View Profile
Regular user
Crestview, Florida
139 Posts

Profile of japanjazzy
Billy,
I am known as Jazzy the Clown in many parts of the world (I am in the Air Force Special Operations)and have performed magic in many different countries as a clown with great results. I do also perform strictly as a magician at times. The magic I do is not the same. I have more fun with the magic as a clown. I like magic that gets the children involved in either case. One that goes over great is crazy spots. It gets the children involved plus it usally quites the adults that think they know how everything is done.
The trick I would like to add to my show (I don't remember the name right now)is where you have someone pick a card, then the shoot at the table and the ribbon falls off the table, then the flower flys out and finally the table falls over. It is advertised in Linking ring and other magic magazines. You can use a crazy wand or other item instead of the gun and it would fit in a routine very nicely.

Good luck,
Jazzy
Clownboy
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Clownboy
Quote:
On 2007-07-23 01:16, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Billy,
I know a little more about clowns then you think. My brother has the title of master clown.

Sorry my post is late but needed to ask. Who is the 'Master Clown' you referred to?
The title 'Master Clown' has been given only to a small few. The last living 'Master Clown' is Frosty Little.

Brad
As the Frogs say "Times Fun when you're having Flies" Smile
Don Faith
View Profile
New user
Canada
84 Posts

Profile of Don Faith
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If6gUDsEbkA

Shadow-
Thank you for the link.
This is one of the best routines of this nature that I have ever seen.
The performance was outstanding.

Best,

DF
Day 31
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Looking for your thoughts on Illusions for Clown Show (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL