The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » HELP Need Good Music! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Looking for some good music. I really want it to be fast-paced, about 7 min, needs a strong opener, a climax right around the 5 min mark, and a huge orchestral finish. I like music that is big, orchestral, majestic, and modern sounding. I like a lot of Cirque de Soleil, but I am getting tired of using it (and hearing it in everybody's magic act). Maybe some violin or guitar sounds with percussion. I know I am being very broad, but I can always edit. It doesn't have to be this exact match. My act is a parasol manipulation act, and my mentor doesn't like the music I edited together. I just don't know what else to use or where else to look.

E-mail me anything, and I'll give it a listen. I am kind of desperate. Thanks.

-Matt

P.S. You can e-mail me directly at matthew@mattmccoymagic.com
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Matt,

Two places to take a look at, both are buy-out music written for magicians and so they're royalty-free as well as composed for magic acts:

http://www.opus1productions.com/

http://www.arthurstead.com/

There might be something at one of these that sounds good to you. Both sites allow you to listen to sample music.

Jeff
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Matt,

I second Jeff's Opus1 recommendation. Arthur has good stuff too, but if you want orchestrated music, you'll like Opus1. Both Opus1 and Arthur's music is royalty-free.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
I've seen a lot of good royalty-free stuff. I know what you mean about wanting something majestic and modern... I would love to be able to hire a composer to personally score my show someday. Smile
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Yes, but with their stuff available to all magicians, you'll get duplicate songs again.

Get someone to write an original piece for you. (I could do it, but I am tired of trying to promote myself doing that.)
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Check out "Sing, Sing, Sing (with a Swing)" from the Swing Kids soundtrack. It's not exactly orchestral, but it might have some possibilities.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » HELP Need Good Music! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL