The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Timing is everything..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Ah yes. Timing is everything.

I was performing at our small local bookstore this past saturday for the release of the new Harry Potter book. (6:45 AM ....) and I was using my fire book as a book of spells whenever the chance appeared and everything was going well ....until the one time when it set of the beeping smoke detector just over my head. Beep Beep Beep Beep and over comes running the store owner to see what was happening. She shook her head and said she was going to go get a ladder. Beep Beep Beep. People are atarting to laugh (at me and my situation) when I told the owner to wait. I pointed to the alarm and puffed out my cheeks and blew towards the alarm.....and it stopped. Gotta love it. Similiar thing happened once before. A few years ago we were having company over for dinner and the power went off...one hour ...two hours passed and my wife is getting nervous as it is slowly darkening when I pointed to the kitchen light and said "Let there be light" and at that moment the power came back on! Yippee. Reputations are made one miracle at a time.

Barry
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Barry,

YOU are the man!

I had a similar situation. Performing on a small stage, outdoors in April in Mississippi. Some company had decorated each corner of the stage with some 3' balloons. I was wrapping up the show with Jumbo Sidekick II (from Collector's Workshop)...I counted 1..2...THREE..spectator points the wand at the table, and...NOTHING (I was hitting the remote, and it had brand new batteries)...I said, "TRY AGAIN!"...and...NOTHING! So, I was in a panic. No way outta this! So, I said, "We'll try it one more time, with some REAL MAGIC". They pointed, I hit the remote, and P-O-W...the balloon at the nearest corner of the stage exploded, activating the sound function (apparently, I forgot to switch from sound to remote after practice), which operated the table! Looked like real magic, sounded like real magic..it WAS real magic. Somebody was smiling at me that day.

Whew...

Steve
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Steve...

Gotta love it when the gods smile upon magicians.

Peace
Barry
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
BJ Mallen
View Profile
New user
Colon, MI
37 Posts

Profile of BJ Mallen
A few years back I was given some mylar spring flowers as a gift. I have never really liked spring flowers that much, so they sat in a drawer. Then one night before going in to the restaurant where I table hopped the flowers caught my eye and I put them in my case for no apparent reason. Then halfway through the evening I was in the back reseting and refreshing and saw the flowers and on a whim shoved them behind my belt against my back. The very next table I approached, I introduced myself and the woman to my left, who I am guessing didn't want to be entertained and seemed in a foul mood, scowled "I won't be impressed, unless you can pull flowers out of your ass!" I said no problem, pulled them out and in a split second won her over, and changed her outlook. I have never again used spring flowers and still thank the spirit that whispered in my ear to grab them that night!

BJ Mallen
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
BJ...that happened for a reason!

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Timing is everything..... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL