The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Two Card Monte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jay Elf
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Jay Elf
Hello, all.

"Two Card Monte" is an old gaffed card trick using a double-facer and a double-backer.

I want to learn it. Which books can I find it in?

Thank you much.

Sincerely,
@Jay@
Guardian452
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
235 Posts

Profile of Guardian452
Why not learn the ungimmicked version???
Been a busker since I was 14 from San Diego; Don Driver was my mentor along with many others like Jimmy Talksalot, Sleeveless (Stephen Sloan), Bob Elliott.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Wow! It's been a long time since I saw this.

If I recall, you show two cards, conceal one and the spectator can't guess which card is which. Something like that, yes?

A Google search turned this up:
http://www.excellentmagic.com/tricks!.htm
Look at the bottom of the page.
Also found on EBAY.

What I don't recall is a double-backer being used but rather a D/F and two regular cards. Are you sure about the D/B?
If not then in "Bert Allerton's The Close-up Magician" there is his 'The Two Card Trick' which may be the answer to your request.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Yeah it's the DeLand item using two gaffers and it's not so easy to get into/out of. The trick comes with a short sheet of instructions and the two cards in an envelope.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Quote:
On 2007-08-07 19:14, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Yeah it's the DeLand item using two gaffers and it's not so easy to get into/out of. The trick comes with a short sheet of instructions and the two cards in an envelope.

That's the nice thing about Allertons routine.
You do end clean.
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of luvisi
It's in Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. You'll need to buy the gaffs separately.

Andru
Justin R
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of Justin R
It's also in 'The Complete Idiot's Guide to Magic Tricks' by Tom Ogden. It can be found in most major book stores and if I rememeber correctly, it comes with a sheet of punch out gaffs, including the ones needed for this routine.

Also, Mr. Ogden says in the book that since the cards won't be closely examined you can just make the gaffs by rubber cementing cards together.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I dunno who Mr Ogden plays to but when I do anything like this they sure burn my hands!
Jay Elf
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Jay Elf
Hi.

Andru
That's it. Bingo! That's exactly what I'm looking for with a DB and a DF. Thank you very much for the info.

Jaz, Jonathan, and Justin
Thank you very much to all of you who provided me with useful information.

Thank you, all again.

Sincerely,
@Jay@
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Two Card Monte (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL