The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » By Way of Introduction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Robert Noel Clarkson
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Robert Noel Clarkson
After ignoring the ads in MUM and LR, I finally stumbled onto the site and read the rules of conduct, much better concept than most of the other magic forums. I am 57, having been a casual student of the art until, at the age of 37, I first discovered the magical arts societies (the best kept of all our secrets!) through Jay and Fran Marshall, owners of Magic Inc. I performed my first paid shows, kid's parties, after being encouraged by several compeers, the following summer. I have been a member of the HMC/AMA since 1987 and also belong to IBM. Prior to this I had had formal training in music and performed with a folk ensemble and municpal band, was drafted for leading roles in community theater, been a radio news on-air intern, spent 2 summers as a city tour bus guide, and appeared in a couple of regional promotional films. I was a SAM Regional VP from 1990-1992, A National Deputy for about a decade afterward, appeared as an Emcee at SAM Conventions during that time, produced and appeared in regional club shows for trade associations and community events here in the Northern Tier States, and in 1991 I spent a great summer season touring with Gopher Davenport's Tented Circus as their featured clown/Illusionist. During this time I acquired and studied over 1,000 books and manuscripts, most dating to the early part of the 20th century. I have published articles and photos in GENII, MUM, and LR. In 2001 my biggest fan and promoter, my father, died and I took about 3 years off from magic to get his affairs in order and assume the responsibilty for the family's residential real estate management company. I also remodeled a Victorian Era Townhouse and opened a tourist Bed and Breakfast in it during the same time. I only attended the IBM in Reno in 2005 and just started putting my shows back together this last year. Hopefully I wil be able to meet many of you at conventions in the future.
-Bob
Slappy
View Profile
Loyal user
North Hollywood, CA
266 Posts

Profile of Slappy
I look forward to getting to know you, Bob.
Slappy
"Help, I've got a silver ball stuck on my thumb"
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Sounds like you'll have a lot to share, especially for us newer folk! WELCOME!
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Welcome to the Café and enjoy.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Welcome to the Café!
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Bob,
Thanks for sharing your story. Welcome to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 31.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » By Way of Introduction (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL