The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bob Solari's - The Omega Gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ferraroj
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of ferraroj
I purchased Bob Solari's "The Omega Gimmick" recently after seing of demo of the product. It is a very clever gaff that when added to a deck of cards will allows you to know the identity of any card returned to the deck. The gaff allows you to do this in an extremely clean and fair way.

The gimmick is available from http://www.bobsolarimagic.com.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
This is a very well made gaff that gets the job done. It's like a James Bond gimmick.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Can this gimmick be applied to a borrowed deck on the spur of the moment?
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
merlin5150
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of merlin5150
Can anyone say if this is something like the "Swami" gimmick?, A little M****r was built into a stock of cards.
Midway
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Midway
Can the cards be riffle shuffled with the gimmick in the deck?
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Yes the gimmick can be added to a borrowed deck as long as it is a bicycle deck and the color matches the deck? Can the deck be riffle shuffled with the gimmick in use NO it can't. Great thinking by Bob and this really is a neat and cool gimmick. Make sure if you order to specify red or blue back.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Midway
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Midway
Magicbyswh, thanks for the quick response.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
How diffrent is it from card swami ??
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I am not sure about the card swami but I can tell you the omega gimmick is invisible!
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
ferraroj
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of ferraroj
It is very similar to the swami card. In the instructions Bob states as quoted from the instructions:

"For the record, I came up with the Omega Gimmick independently. After extensive research, I discovered Chuck Leach from Chazpro Inc. released a similar gimmick in 1995, called the swami card gimmick. I contacted Mr. Leach and he is aware of my manufacturing and releasing of the Oemga Card. Although Chuck's gimmick is no longer in production at this time, he still has a limited number of booklets available using the unique gimmick. You can contact him at http://www.chazpro.com"
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
I see.

I would recommend Platinum by Rob Bromley

Its cheaper than omega and better in my opinion.
doowopper
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of doowopper
A straightforward way to know a selected card. Cards can be spread vertically to show they are all different. Also, you can use a normal, overhand shuffle to mix the cards. After a card is selected, it is put in the middle of the deck - all in a very fair manner with no hint of a move. Very easy to do - tried it with several spectators - plays well.
Richard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bob Solari's - The Omega Gimmick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL