The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » "Thanks"..... was that so hard? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Timm
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
56 Posts

Profile of Timm
I must admit that I fell into the category of not saying thank you one time and word got around. Here is what happened. A 'part-time pro' referred a potential client to me. I of course followed through, but the client never booked the gig. Now, since I perform magic for a living, not to get a gig is part and parcel of my business. So to me, not getting the gig was just something that happened and I moved on to others, so I never gave it any thought. Once word got back to me, I talked to the guy and explained to him what had happened, but he was still upset.

I guess the lesson is that I should have thanked him JUST for the referral even though I didn't get the gig.

Any thoughts?
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Tim, I stopped referrals along time ago when I started to get feedback from return customers. I was told that the person who I thought was a professional was in return bashing me to make themselves look better and trying to drum up thier business. I really don't care to confront people so I just stopped referring altogether. I really don't know if the other person actually meant to bash me or whether he was aware of what he was doing, but I think it makes everyone look bad when you talk bad about someone.
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » "Thanks"..... was that so hard? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL