The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Negative reactions to your magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of mindguru
I have been accused of using dark forces, but I just say that anything I do always comes from what's good, which is the truth. The good thing is that it means that they really believe in you.
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
I once had my personal safety threatened if I didn't explain an impromptu miracle. (I didn't, and I'm still intact.) Magicians are good at patter, and I talked my way out of that one. I once made a girl cry and freak out, she said screaming that I was a Demon like that David Blaine guy. That was the most uncomfortable, yet completely satisfying, moment and compliment I think I have ever had. But the best reaction I have to give to my friend.

TRUE STORY:
The best reaction I had ever seen happened to a very well known Magician friend of mine. I won't say his name for reasons about to be explained.

We were both in a busy Irish bar, performing for random people. And this Magician friend happened to be performing a really nice standing coins across type routine for a beautiful woman. Now, picture this. The bar is full of Irishman and quite loud. He is standing facing her, talking and performing this trick. I am just off to the side watching the interaction. Though, I can't hear because of the noise, I do know the routine by heart and exactly where he is at in his performance.
At the finish, her shock and amazement pulsed through her body uncontrollably to where her hand instantly smacked him across the face. He was so stunned and frozen by the reaction. And I must admit, I was quite shocked too. The smack was so loud that it froze the bar as tears of embarrassment flowed down her face. At this point, every man in the place looked at my friend and wanted to instantly kill him. Thinking he said or did something to this tearful beauty, who at this point ran to the bathroom. Instantly, I realized his safety was in danger. I diffused a few brewing altercations as he ducked out as fast as her hand crossed his now red hand printed cheek.

That was the craziest reaction we had ever seen. And each of us have been performing 3 times a week for over 15 years. We have both seen some crazy reactions, but that took the cake for us.
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2008-01-22 18:47, The Mighty Fool wrote:
At my table hopping gig I do the d'lites, and after I took the light dfrom the ear of a little chineese girl, her grandmother started screaming & pitching a fit & shouting in mandarin. The father, embarrassed, explained that the grandmother was saying I'd taken the girl's soul!

I always thought that would be cool to do in a bar with a trouble maker. "Me? I collect souls." (Pull light out of his chest) "Oh, you can keep this one, it's way too small!" (Throw it back.)
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Bondy
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Bondy
I was using loops at a fancy wedding gig and a women through a glass of red wine in my face and screamed "SATANIST" then ran out the doors. Smile
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
Quote:
On 2011-04-21 01:58, Bondy wrote:
I was using loops at a fancy wedding gig and a women through a glass of red wine in my face and screamed "SATANIST" then ran out the doors. Smile

Wow! White wine is at least excusable, but Red wine? That's Sacrilegious! lol
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
A mentor of mine once had an old woman wag her finger in his face and declare, "You serve The Devil!!"
Striking a majestically 'affronted' stance, he replied, indignantly, "Madame, how can I possibly SERVE MYSELF?!?"
:firedevil:
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Bapu
View Profile
Regular user
with a paltry
161 Posts

Profile of Bapu
I was working late at the courthouse one October evening and found myself chatting with the young woman who cleans the place up. (It's a small couthouse.) I asked her about her little boy who I knew must be about the age for his first Halloween trick or treat outing. She told me that her chuch did not allow such satanic activities. I picked my jaw up off the floor but did not pursue the matter. It broke my heart though to think that the little fellow would miss out on the fun that at least some of his friends were going to have. Alas, the world "as it is" is invisible to us. We only inhabit a world twisted and distorted by our beliefs.

At least, that's what I believe. Smile
Bapu practices law and conjuring in the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee.
TheGreatIni
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of TheGreatIni
I think I might have provided a similar moment to this for my grandfather when I was little. He actually is a magician (and as I'm starting to get into magic as more than a spectator, he's the one I go to for advice, and the occasional free trick for services like lawn mowing). Anyway, when I was a young'un myself, apparently I asked him to teach me magic. He started showing me how to do a card trick before I shook my head and insisted I wanted him to teach me REAL magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Negative reactions to your magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL