The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » An oddball idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I hope I have the right idea about this. Here’s a presentation I was never able to work out a method for. If you can think of something let me know... (if I’ve put this in the wrong forum... let me know that too!)

This is based on a comic stip by Jules Fiffer, the strip was done as part of a play version of several of his strips entitled "Little Me" the props would be six pairs of black socks, several mis-matched socks, a body stocking, a note and a vanishing device that resembles a washing machine.

The presentation pretty much follows Feiffer’s strip which acts as the patter:

I go to the laundry, along with my laundry I wash six pairs of socks... when I finish my laundry I find four pairs of socks plus one red sock and one blue sock.

I go to the laundry, along with my laundry I wash four pairs of socks... when I finish my laundry I find two pairs of socks plus one green sock and one argyle sock.

I go to the laundry, along with my laundry I wash two pairs of socks... when I finish my laundry I find one pair of socks, the other pair never show up.

I go to the laundry, as a test I wash nothing but the one pair of socks. I pull out a body stocking. In the body stocking is a note. The note reads; "Don’t toy with the laws of nature... and feed the machine more socks!"

Smile

"A good magician never reveals his secrets,

especially when he’s not to sure himself!"-Tigger
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I like the story, it’s actually funny. Smile

But as far as methods, this is not the forum for it, see The Banquet Room.

We are looking just for presentations here,

but I’ll admit, for a trick that doesn’t exist (yet), that’s a killer idea for a story.

Smile

Life is not a problem to be solved...

but a mystery to be lived.
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Tim Hart (at The Castle Next Week) did a routine with tiny socks and a TT to a similar premise. It wasn’t as in-depth as yours but the theme was the same.

I will Private Message you a simple solution Smile

Ain’t this board a useful marvel!!!

Tom Cutts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » An oddball idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL