The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » DVD on Magic with Everyday Objects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Volume 1 is Magic with Everyday Objects, with not 1 card or coin trick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A38iz9Kr3Vk
P3
practice practice perform.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
And a great one it is.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
Ace of $pades
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Ace of $pades
Looks great, where to buy?
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
L&L distributes it.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
This should hit stores soon probably in a week or two. And this is different than the L&L DVD here is a link for the demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A38iz9Kr3Vk
P3
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Dan Harlan’s Ultimate Impromptu Magic is a good 3 volume DVD set.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
The main advantage is this DVD is full of magic with everyday objects people actually use; napkins, straws, rubber bands, books, finger rings, bottle caps. We purposely left out any card and coin tricks, and only put very visual effects that are not common in other DVDs. This DVD, and also the double feature disc which teaches metal bending and color changes, should be in stores early next week. Both discs are sold separately.
P3
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
P3
Magicmatt1982
View Profile
Loyal user
Southeren IL
295 Posts

Profile of Magicmatt1982
Everyone, you are missing one of the best, Greg Wilson's On the Spot. That DVD has to me some of the best impromptu magic there is. You can get it anywhere.
E. S. Andrews
View Profile
New user
Conway, Arkansas
28 Posts

Profile of E. S. Andrews
Quote:
On 2007-09-21 13:01, Magicmatt1982 wrote:
Everyone, you are missing one of the best, Greg Wilson's On the Spot. That DVD has to me some of the best impromptu magic there is. You can get it anywhere.

I agree. 'On the Spot' and 'Off the Cuff' have some tremendous material on them. Re-capped alone is almost worth the entire purchase price. I use it all of the time.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Here is what is on volume 1:
Book Test - While the performer's head is turned, a spectator selects any page from an unprepared and borrowed book and remembers a word. Without looking at the page, the performer can instantly reveal the thought-of word. You can literally walk up to someone, ask to borrow their book, and perform this miracle in seconds.

Bottle Cap Matrix - One of the easiest ways to perform this classic close-up effect.

Jumping Ring - A great quickie to perform in between routines that is very easy to do.

Cigarette Sleights - 3 cigarette sleights that will make you look like a sleight-of-hand pro. Don't smoke? No problem. These are great for performing with straws, crayons, and many other borrowed objects too.

Cut and Restored Straw - Perfect for restaurant workers, Caféterias, or any place you can find a straw.

Torn and Restored Sugar Packet - A borrowed sugar packet is destroyed and instantly and visually restored back to its original conditions. This effect is something your audiences will remember for the rest of their lives.

Penetrating Rubber Bands - One of the best close-up illusions that you will carry with you and perform anywhere. This is something you will do for the rest of you life.

Torn and Restored Rubber Bands - A perfect follow up to the Penetrating Rubber Bands.

Ring and Rubber Band - A shocking illusion that uses 1 ring, 1 rubber band, and nothing else.

Volume 2 is PK Metal Bending and some great color changes.
P3
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Ted,
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I have a few questions for you...

What makes these DVDs different from all the other "Magic with Everyday Objects", "Metal Bending", and "Color Change" products out there?
What was the reasoning behind combining metal-bending with color changes?
Did you get permission from, or at least give credit to, the creators of these effects (e.g. Banachek for the tine bend)?
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
You don't sound like a jerk at all. All the magic on the everyday objects DVD is not only visual but also magic with stuff that is actually stuff you come across in everyday life. I have noticed that many magic with everyday objects DVDs there is a lot of material that is not stuff you can do unprepared. A lot of the material is stuff with matches, ropes, and other stuff that are not everywhere like rubberbands or the killer booktest with 1 book that is on Vol. 1.
There is crediting on both DVDs.
Thanks for your interest in these. There are some real gems on these, and they are performed in working situations on the streets and in a table hopping environment.
P3
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
If you like Jay's style, then IMHO, his No Card Tricks by Jay Sankey DVD has some interesting effects with everyday objects.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Am I missing something here? I took a look at the link and saw cards being used.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A38iz9Kr3Vk

Does a color changing card NOT count as a card trick?
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
papercrane
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
152 Posts

Profile of papercrane
Volume 1 has no card and coin tricks and vol 2 has Metal bending ( keys, spoons, forks, nails) and some of the most popular color changes.
alondon
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of alondon
Check out Mike Weber's book-- LifeSavers.
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
I heard a rumor that Michael Weber is re-editing "Encyclopedia for Impromptu Magic". That would be an awesome treasure.

Charlie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » DVD on Magic with Everyday Objects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL