The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Basic card technique (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sjiwi
View Profile
New user
Belgium
57 Posts

Profile of Sjiwi
Hi all,

I vaguely recall having read somewhere (can't seem to find it anymore) that Kaufman was going to release "Basic Card Technique" on DVD.
Is that correct ?

I'm looking for a DVD on the absolute basics. Would this be a good choice ? (or can Ammars ETMCM also be considered as covering the "absolute basics")(btw, I know ETMCM is very good, it is recommended in about every post having the words 'cards' and 'magic' Smile )

Thanks,

Sjiwi
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Card college is a great book, but if your looking for basic techniques on dvd, check out Daryl's EoCS is great..

You don't really have to get all 8 volumes, just pick out the moves you want to learn and it will teach you.

The first vol. is pretty basic
Terry
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Terry
Or try Sankey's Secret Files - that's mostly beginner stuff.
Cole
View Profile
New user
Calgary
63 Posts

Profile of Cole
Hi,
I have found that if you are a beginner in card magic, ETMCM doesn't really explain in great detail the actual moves very much. Other people may think otherwise. This is just what I found.
Good luck! Smile
Hernan
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco
126 Posts

Profile of Hernan
I believe Brad Burt has the best deal going for beginners magic videos. (e has money back gaurantee!! after 3 months you can send it back and get your money. )
but let me make a disclaimer first. I have not bought his videos yet and I am not connected to him in any way. But I subscribed to his mini-magic course and I get gems of knowledge about 2 times a week. He answers his emails with excellant advice. Being on the mini course is like having a friendly magic shop owner in your email in box.

Smile

here is his offer.

My magic has much more depth for knowing the classic techniques of magic.

You don't want to get busted? LEARN how to work with normal cards, normal coins, sponge balls, rope, etc. I GUARANTEE...and I mean that...

your magic experience will take on a whole new dimension. You will have more FUN, more SATISFACTION and just plain BLOW FOLKS AWAY EASIER than you ever have before. And, I am offering below a great, no risk way to see exactly what I am talking about.

Try my Video #4, the first of the card series and see what happens. YOU WILL LEARN THE MATERIAL SO FAST IT WILL BOOGLE YOUR MIND.

Now, the offer and it is a killer! The best magic is done with skill and the best way to learn is with Private tutoring. But, tutoring is virtually impossible to come by and thus I took my 20 years running four different magic schools and put them into my Private Lesson Teaching Videos.

Want to learn card magic the right way? Try tape number four the Basics of Expert Card Technique from the catalog below, just click, and you can have it for only $29.95, that's an extra like $6.00 savings over our discounted price. AND....you have my personal 100% guarantee of a full refund on return of the video if you don't think it delivers. Use it for 3 months. Take it for a spin. Here it is: If you can't learn to do the material on my tapes from my tapes then you probably aren't going to learn the material at all. That's how confident I am in the product. I have literally hundreds and hundreds of written endorsements from clients who have tried them and for the first time in their life (for many of them) are doing the 'moves' that make magic fun.

All you have to do to get the price is this:
If you order online put a note in the box at the end of the order, you can't miss it, that you want the special $25 one tape price! If you order by phone...just tell they guy on the phone that you want the special price...no problem!

I'll even make the deal better. For this time if you buy any FOUR GUARANTEED Brad Burt Videos you can get them for $100 even plus minimum shipping! That's $25.00 each and they are still guaranteed to teach you what you need to be a hot card, coin, etc. handler. Well, that's it. Let me know if you have any questions.

Take care,
Brad Burt, owner
Brad Burt's magic Shop

Brad Burt Teaching Videos:
http://www.nexternal.com/bburt/?Target=p......oryID=18

http://www.magicshop.com
858) 571-4749
bburt@magicshop.com
Sjiwi
View Profile
New user
Belgium
57 Posts

Profile of Sjiwi
Thanks for the replies, people !

BTW, hernan, I had seen Brad Burt's stuff, but as far as I can tell, it is only on video and I would really prefer DVD.
So, I'm still hoping someone will confirm the DVD-release of "Basic card technique" Smile

(of course, if the Brad Burt set would be coming out on DVD in the very near future, do not hesitate to let me know as well Smile)

I'll look into Daryl's EoCS and the Sankey Files as well, thanks !
secondbaseman
View Profile
Loyal user
Amsterdam
225 Posts

Profile of secondbaseman
Card college vol 1 ebook is great is also has small video clips, I like it very much

Niels
Hernan
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco
126 Posts

Profile of Hernan
Oh yeah I forgot. DVD is the only way to go.
Sankey is my favorite teacher but I didn't know the secret files were a beginners card dvd. his website is http://www.sankeymagic.com/

and he has cool feature. I hope the other inventor/merchants follow suit. [outdated llink]
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Sankey's stuff are good. For books, get Expert Card Technique, a great introduction to card magic.
Aspology
View Profile
New user
Belgium
52 Posts

Profile of Aspology
I have Daryll's first DVD and I have Jeff McBride his Art of Cardmanipulation and I think there very good Smile
Dare 2 believe in magic
Sjiwi
View Profile
New user
Belgium
57 Posts

Profile of Sjiwi
Once again, thanks for the replies...

Since there has been no confirmation, I guess I was I wrong about the Kaufman coming out on DVD then...

Oh well, I seem to have enough alternatives already Smile

cheers,
Sjiwi
dchung
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
616 Posts

Profile of dchung
Actually, Kaufman's Basic Basic Card Technique along with his Pass video will be coming out on DVD soon. The rights apparently belong to Meir Yedid, so you could find out more on the actual release date from him. His website is http://www.mymagic.com/
Sjiwi
View Profile
New user
Belgium
57 Posts

Profile of Sjiwi
Thanks dchung!

Just before I read your message, I found the site where I heard (read) about the DVD coming out (on another magic forum).

Anyway, I've looked on the website but couldn't find anything about the possible DVD-release. I'll try mailing them...

cheers,
Sjiwi

for those who are interested...

I got the following info from MEIR YEDID MAGIC:

'Basic card technique' should be out on DVD in the second half of March and the price will be $34.95
lkdip
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of lkdip
Dyarl's encyclopedia of card sleights. the first one starts from scratch shows different types of cards and works from the most basic all they way up and covers a wide variety of sleights. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Basic card technique (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL