The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings to all at the Café (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

R. Cayne
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of R. Cayne
I have been lurking for a couple of months now and finally created a profile. Just to introduce myself to the Café. I studied magic in my early teens with the Mark Wilson book; unfortunately gave it up Smile. However, as life does take interesting turns during our journey I received as a Christmas present last year an Associate Membership to the world famous Magic Castle in Hollywood. Seeing the performers and talking with members I realized what I had given up as a kid and am now working on upgrading to a Magician membership. My audition date is 9/10. My wife has also developed an interest and is going to audition as well to get her own membership.

We often talk about the difference with the magic community versus other performing communities. She was surprised and was I to have so many people help and encourage us for our upcoming audition. Magicians both in and out of the Castle were always willing to help unlike most performers who are scared of the competition.

With age comes wisdom and I regret what I gave up as a child; however I have rediscovered that quality that I had and the feeling that magic gave and still gives me.

As I perform for fun only and not money I do hope that if in line at the Castle or just somewhere in line and I show something to someone that I can pass that wonderful feeling on that magic gives to us all.

I love the look on their faces when someone like Doc Eason (my hero) or Juan Tamariz blows them away with a simple trick yet to the audience they have created a miracle. I hope to one day be able to see that reaction and am practicing as much as time will allow.

Thanks to everyone who has posted to the Magic Café in an effort to improve or inform everyone else. It is you that helps people like me and keeps magic alive.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
876 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Welcome to the Café .
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Welcome to the Café and enjoy!
djtreborz
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of djtreborz
Welcome and enjoy your stay!
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Welcome to the Café!
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Cayne,
Welcome to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 31.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Welcome to the Café!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
Kris 62
View Profile
New user
colorado
10 Posts

Profile of Kris 62
Hello Cayne,

I am new here too. Your post reminded me of myself. I started studing magic in the 3rd grade, after I saw Doug Henning do the Water Torture illusion. I have studied off and on for years, and I can't tell you how happy I was to learn there was a job description called Illusion Designer!! Lol!

I myself haven't aspired to perform, since I can't get past the idea that EVERYONE can see what I am doing as will as I can see what others are doing. I admire your courage to do just that, perform.

I also respect that you have returned to something you loved as a child. Don't regret the past. Don't look at those years as lost. Look at them as preperation for you new life, and rejoice that you have a wife that not only encourages you but joins you in your dream. That is a rare thing.

I hope we meet here sometime. I would like to wish you luck on your audition but I don't know if that would be bad luck like in the theatre. We always say "Break a leg", unless the person was a dancer then you just say "Have a good show". Maybe that's what I will say to you and your wife. HAVE A GREAT SHOW!!
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
Hi,

Welcome to the Café. Here is a great place to talk about magic and learn new things. You can talk with magicians all around the world. I hope you will enjoy here. Have a nice time. And don't forget to write.

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
TheGreatGalling
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of TheGreatGalling
Welcome to the Café, have fun!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings to all at the Café (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL