The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Sparda
Can anyone reccomend a good dvd to learn hypnosis from? I found "Stage Hypnosis Exposed by Michael Johns and Richard Nongard" and "Induction And How To Hypnotize Anyone by Terry Stokes". Are they any good? Thanks
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I actually own both of them. The information is great. 100% as advertised from 3 guys who really know what it is they are talking about. I actually after 20 years, LEARNED something that I use every night in my opening lecture now. Never too old to learn.

Most here know my views on things like this, but really these are worth 10x the money.

I will warn you of one thing. If you are just starting it may be a bit confusing. Here is why. NOT because they are bad, or contradictory, only accurate.

Here is what I mean. In the art of stage hypnosis there are LOTS of ways to do things. Many of them as right as the other. Terry and Michael each posess a diametrically opposed view. BOTH ARE ABSOLUTLY 100% RIGHT! But the beginner may be a bit confused at first.

BUT if you accept this, you will garner a LOT of information from these DVD's. I would highly recomend them to any level hypnotist.

All that being said they are a great way to start. Personal training is still the best way to go.

The BEST thing about these DVD's and anything that they put out, is they don't claim to make you a hypnotist over night.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
Those items are carried by any magic dealer, and so just contact a local magic store and pick them up! If not nearby a magic store, check out the hypnosis superstore at http://www.SubliminalScience.com
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Sparda
Thanks! I'll be picking them up. can't wait to get started...
carldourish
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of carldourish
Great site Richard,

Do you ship to the U.K.?

Carl
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Sparda
I just finished watching the dvd with Terry Stokes. its a great dvd but it seems to be geared towards those who have some knowledge of hypnosis. I'm going to watch the dvd with Michael Johns. Does anyone have any other dvds or books to reccomend for a COMPLETE beginner? Thanks
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Nongard1:

Danny's recommendation goes a long way with me. On your site five stage products are listed.

Johns & Nongard Present: Stage Hypnosis Exposed DVD

Nongard & Johns - Little Black Book of Stage Hypnosis Secrets e-book

Nongard's Mastering Hypnotic Power: Stage, Street & Clinical 2 DVDs

Terry Stokes - Stage Show Induction: How to Hypnotize Anyone DVD

The Michael Johns Stage Show Induction DVD

Could you go into the differences between these products and what duplication there is? What do the DVD's cover that isn't in the e-book?

Thank you.
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
Wow, I come back from a couples days at the office and lots of questions! LOL

OK first, we ship to Europe every week. We have LOTS of European customers.

Any beginner interested in our videos should start with the stage hypnosis exposed DVD. It is basically a seminar explaining how and why each element of a successful stage show exists and is created.

I produced the inductions videos with Michael Johns and Terry Stokes becasue even though they are business partners they have completely opposite ideas about induction. Trying to pick one is like picking the most beautiful girl at a beauty pagent. Just too hard to do. Everyone is different. Some will like the easy and brief style of Terry, others the complexity and show of Michael.

Although someone refered to the induction videos as advanced level, you really won't get very far without a good induction, so mastering induction is about the most important element of a show (aside from pre-talk).

The hypnotic power DVD is a 2-dvd set and it outlines creation and use of hypnotic phenomena. It is essentially classroom with actual demonstration clips embedded. It is very good and essential if you want to create good skits on stage, begin to do street trance, or make your clinical hypnosis more effective. If you already know the basics of hypnosis, this video will take it to the next level. I have a bunch of clips on youtube, just search my name: NONGARD and you will find some interesting clips and a promo material for any of these DVD's.

Little black book of stage hpnosis secrets is available as an ebook OR a printed regular book. It essentially follows the content of Stage Hypnosis Exposed. A great resource for those whant printed word for word indcutions from Michael Johns.

Hope that's helpful. Se our website at hypnosisgurus.com OR the hypnosis superstore at http://www.SubliminalScience.com
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
Oh and I republished Terry Stokes original book on self-hypnosis, that he created in the 1980's and has been out of print. Awesome book. It is at the http://www.SubliminalScience.com webpage.
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Thank you!
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Sparda
Thanks for the response. The first time you posted I had no idea that you were the one who put out the dvds!
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
It's really me. What is funny is when people call and I answer the phone, they also seem shocked that *I* actually answered! That suprises me becasue after all, it is MY PHONE they are calling!
carldourish
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of carldourish
Just recieved Richard's stage hypnosis DVD's. Great 3 DVD set. I would urge beginners to purchase these items.

Carl
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
I appreciate the kind comments. I will be in Vegas tonight, will pass them onto Terry and Michael. Enjoy this clip from the new SpeedTrance DVD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiQJi57Xbl4

and this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_0G2hWn_......;search=
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Purchased Stage Hypnosis Exposed recently at my local magic shop and was NOT disappointed. There is a LOT of information for a beginner like me on this DVD. It really made me realize just how important every stage of the hypnosis process really is.

Can't wait to get one of the other DVDs from these guys to learn more.

Will have the opportunity to learn more about this next month at my local magic shop, as there will be a two part seminar series, on covering mentalism ala Darren Brown, and the other dealing with hypnosis, both being taught by the same person.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Sparda
Richard:
I just saw your new 2-dvd set Mastering Hypnotic Power. Since I really gained a lot from your other dvds I was wondering what this set has to offer more than the other ones? Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis DVDs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL