The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Hit and Run Hecklers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
"Where's Dr. Kevorkian when you really need him" that was a great line years ago.Too bad not many people remembers Dr. Kevorkian today.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
"I could stand here all day taking the Pi** out of you mate"

But- Gods already done that for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
one funny magic boy
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of one funny magic boy
Quote:
On 2007-08-26 21:51, tom hughes wrote:
Hi folks,

well I didn't get to Edinburgh after all ( shucks) but I'm back busking in Asheville.

Got a question for you; I rarely get heckled, probably on account of being the loudest person in town BUT when I do it's off the hit and run variety. For example: a kid will walk past and without breaking stride say something of variable humor ( ranging from "cor blimey" to "##@++", quite often it's the incoherent crunken ramblings) and will then carry on walking off into the distance.

The quandary is this; by not breaking stride they are out of there and I am rid of the problem BUT it kind of takes the wind out of my sails and I feel as though some kind of retort is due.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Tom
I figure it this way tom,If you let them (the heckler) get away with that crap, more and more will walk on you, you just have to nip it.with the audience on your side you rule period.the funny one rules. heres a line.......hey don't get upset at me just because they canceled bingo at your trailer park. or that's where we went wrong in our public schools folks. or he should not be mad at me , he should be mad at the person that cut his hair.did you see his hair ? I headlined over 170 comedy clubs.don't ever let them wreck your day man.remember your holding a bazooka (if you read lots and lots of one liners)and they are holing a skqurt gun. good luck man,don't ever let the heckler see you sweat.
AaronTheMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of AaronTheMagician
JamesinLA offered the best perspective, IMHO.

If you're just skimming... go up and read that again.
:)
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I had one who was almost cute, mostly because he was a small boy who was trying to show off his knowledge.

I was doing stuff around the snack bar near the carosel. (The owner lets me.) He (the owner) comes out and watches while I'm doing stuff for a group. When they're done and go away, I walk over to him with the deck of cards and a handkerchief in my hand. I spread out the cards and ask him to take one.

The kid says; "Oh, I know that one. You follow the Queen!"

"Really?" I responded. "Then we'll have to do something else then, won't we?" and I proceeded to actually do the trick I'd intended to do all along where I wrap the deck up in the handkerchief and make the selected card fall out while the rest stayed wrapped up tight.

At the end of it, the kid says; "Wow! How did you do that?"

"Easy," I responded. "I just followed the Queen!"
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Hit and Run Hecklers (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL