The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Chitty chitty bang bang? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
http://www.moller.com/

Chitty chitty bang bang we love you...
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Don't get too excited about this thing. Its been "very close " now for about 20 years. You see lots of fancy articles about it and lots of hype but VERY little demo video. So far its been a very expensive experiment.

Best,

Tim
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
There are videos on the site Tim.

and they say they are going into production in one month.

But I'll try and contain myself.

I'm only just getting to grips with a bicycle anyway.

Corona.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hello Corona,

You're right. There are videos. BUT.. they are the same old videos they've had forever. They are wobbly hover videos and not the flight videos that they replicate with the CGI animations. If they are a month away from production you'd think they'd have videos of a car taking of from a driveway and flying off over the horizon.

They've been promising " almost there" forever now. LOL that's why you don't see this glorious amazing step into the future being profiled on CNN.

Best,

Tim
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6970031.stm

The BBC must be less discerning then. Smile

You are right though the videos look rather pokey, considering we can all buy one next week!

Could it be a hoax?
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Did chitty use the balducci levitation or did it do Criss Angels or was it wires?

M:C
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
I'd venture to say that the police and the military will be the first to field test production models. Judging by driving habits, as a motorcyclist, they'll probably be banned outright in some municipalities and require strict certification.
POOF!
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
I still wait and see . . .
Cards never lie
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
If you want to see a modern version of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, you have until December 31st, 2007 to see it on Broadway in New York!
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Oh Darn! No Dick Van Dyke anywhere in it!

I'm more surprised that this was originally from a children's story written by Ian Fleming, creator of the James Bond series.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Fleming's story was a little tougher with the children kidnapped by a gangster who wanted them to help him rob a luxury chocolate shop!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
See that sucker bounce around when it lands? it's not gonna replace parallel parking in the near future.

--coupcoupdady
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Be tough finding space 'downtown' for that huge crane too.

Maybe it could hover as well.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Perhaps there will be buildings build just to for the aircars to hover vertically. Sort of like a structure of a beehive.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I hope they cleaned up after!
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
As you note in the Broadway show, the music is written by the Sherman Bros. One of which, Richard, is a regular member and regular Friday luncher at the Magic Castle.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Losander makes cars now?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DhxqzZrUIMM
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Yes, but you need a very strong thumb...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Chitty chitty bang bang? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL