The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » A book about the magic of Fred Kaps? (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
There's a Fred Kaps book on the Big Auction right now...

Julie
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On May 2, 2015, Julie wrote:
There's a Fred Kaps book on the Big Auction right now...

Julie

That is probably the one that came out in the late 80's early 90's nice little book it isn't a major work on F.K's magic and life as is needed however. So far that book has not been written.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Just to clarify. Kaps' notebook was written in English.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Pete, I contacted Kaps' daughter about collaborating, but she doesn't sound interested. I still would like to work on it, but projects like this take time. I want it to be comprehensive and full of detail. Who knows, sometimes fate lends a hand on things like this.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Caveney apparently owns the rights and Dick Koornwinder is working on it... albeit very slowly.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Yeah, Dick is taking his time and I offered to help him in anyway and ignores me.

I think I'll wait for Caveney's book because it will get done and it will be a good book.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
That is good to know that Koornwinder's project isn't dead. Hopefully it will come to be sometime in the not all that distant future.
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
The only reason I made my offer to Dick Koornwinder was to help get the project finished. But, I believe Mike Caveney will do a great job and finish this in a timely manner. I can't wait, it should be great book.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
My opinion is that Dick Koornwinder isn't doing much. I have emailed him several times about obtaining some of his tricks, which he does not permit anyone else to make or sell. I got no response on everything. I am very surprised of a person who has created some the best magic in the world, will not even respond to the community that supported him.

He also has to be very old by now, and may not be physically able to do any work on a book or anything else.

Is he even still alive, no one has mentioned him in so long that makes one wonder.

What has it been 10 or 15 years since Tenyo put out the Koornwinder Kar, the rights had to have been given by someone.

There has not been any kind of book on Dick Koornwinder himself and his creations.

It will be sad that by the time a book, if any, would get published, and they say, "Fred Kaps - who is he?".
MJE
View Profile
Elite user
After all these years,I STILL have only
409 Posts

Profile of MJE
There is a FredKap.com site, but I think it's been dormant for several years. I believe it is owned by Koornwinder. Obviously, it is being paid for. It is mentioned on the site that Caveney "hopes to write a book" about Kaps.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Any news/updates?
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
For general interest, I'll throw in this anecdote, which the late Jay Marshall told me, many years ago.

Fred Kaps hac been booked to appear at a private function of a Dutch group in Chicago. Jay was an invited guest. Arriving at the last minute, as was his custom, Jay found a seat in the auditorium. As Fred Kaps was about to begin.

Jay said that Kaps, speaking in the language of his hosts, did a hilarious monologue. Then, he presented several big prop tricks (actually. several small illusions) followed by his classic act with all the well known material.

Jay told me that he concluded that Kaps was, in all respects, the WORLD'S GREATEST LIVING MAGICIAN.

I had seen that, except for an Ed Sullivan show appearance, Fred Kaps perform only once, his manipulative act, Jay had cast the "deciding vote"!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I predict that Fred Kaps will slip into oblivion along with Syldini; Martin Nash; Tommy Wonder and Doug Henning.

The only ones that survive are certain card magicians like Larry Jennings, Marlo and so forth.
Greg Kiefer
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Greg Kiefer
Any updates on the book project?
Axman
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of Axman
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2019, Greg Kiefer wrote:
Any updates on the book project?

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=218
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » A book about the magic of Fred Kaps? (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL