The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » John Luka Lecture in New York City (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kenardo1
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Kenardo1
John Luka will be presenting a lecture for the Parent Assembly on Monday, September 17th, 7:45 PM at Mt. Sinai Medical Center, 1425 Madison Avenue (98th Street), Seminar Room, Main Floor or room 11-84 (depending on availability), New York, New York.

This lecture contains material from John’s new book, Uncovered. You will find routines that range in skill level from nearly self-working to some that are a bit more challenging. However, you will NOT find any knuckle busters in the items presented. Some of the magic includes a no palm card to wallet that kills and is easy to do and a three-ball routine that you’ll be scratching your head over.

Featured is Licked At Last, which the experts are calling the best yet In The Hands Triumph. Another stand out item is Back To The 19th Century, an incredible assembly that will make you a believer.

There’s even more great stuff that you will find works well in the real world. Each and every effect has been audience tested over the years. So, you know you’re getting the real deal. Every item that John performs at the lecture will be fully explained.

You will find that John’s lecture contains more do-able, practical magic than most lectures. Attend this lecture and find out for yourself. You’ll be glad you did.

Admission policy:

$20 for members of the S.A.M., who are not members of Parent Assembly #1 - Must present valid S.A.M. membership card to qualify

$25 for other guest magicians

For more information about the lecture, visit http://www.sampa1.com .
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
I am really looking forward to presenting my lecture and meeting everyone from the S.A.M. Parent Assembly. I am confident that you will enjoy the lecture and leave with some good material to add to your repertoires.

See you on the 17th.

John Luka
Kenardo1
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Kenardo1
Just a reminder.

The lecture is tomorrow.
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
I saw John lecture last night in Columbus, Ohio and boy was it great. I love John's style, his humility and his willingness to share even after the lecture was over. I was also impressed with the tactful and respectful way John handled a critical comment someone made at the intermission (it had to do with the person noticing John holding a break during one of the tricks). The comment was clearly not meant to be constructive in any way and came across more like "hey mr. lecturer, aren't you impressed by how clever I was to catch you." Actually the person making the comment went even further by insulting his own audiences (if he ever performs, that is) with his comment that John's flash of the break wouldn't ever have mattered to "laymen." How deluded! I thought this person should listen to Michael Ammar when he advises magicians to give their audiences a little credit for intelligence. Anyway, John handled it with tact by humbly thanking the person for reminding him of the "problem" since "we can all get lazy with our technique at times." Pure class. Not only did I enjoy John's personality and style, but the tricks were great too! All "doable" unlike much of the impractical stuff you see these days. I purchased his books and so far, they're fantastic. Really good stuff for regular people who aren't full-time pros. If you get a chance to get your hands on "Uncovered" by John Luka or get to see him lecture, don't pass it up. Highly recommended.
PickMagic
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of PickMagic
I second Fritz's comments. I am one of those Non-Full time pros. I got a lot out of John Luka's lecture. He even took time to show me the technique required for his Chromo Ball routine. He was very patient with me.

He is a very classy person and an outstanding lecturer.

I highly recommend anyone who has a chance, needs to attend.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
John Luka is the contact now for Magicians Lecture Network.

Your magic clubs need to keep contact with him.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » John Luka Lecture in New York City (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL