The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Menstruation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
engineer_star
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of engineer_star
I just wanted to say "Thank You" to all the REAL MEN who shared their thoughts. I've noticed the same thing...just never put it in words.
Sam
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
It's not the same thing by any means, but I suffer from an average of two migraines a month. The headaches and sickness are becoming less of a problem as I age, but the other effects can be rotten, such as descending into the pit of despond, the terrible memory problems, disrupted speech, etc. There are times when all I'd dearly love to do is retreat to bed with my teddy and shut out the world.

A female friend of mine suffers badly with her cycle (originating with endometreosis) and has migraine thrown randomly at her too. A very nasty combination.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
It is often amazing just what adrenaline alone can do for you during a performance. I think we all have experienced it from time to time. You feel sick or have a migraine or feel totally out of it. Something tells you that you should have stayed home, but the show must go on.

Then the moment you hit that stage, the symptoms cease. You do not even feel much of any of it. You get into a rythmn and you do your show as you always have. The sickness you felt before the show is not really present at all. The adrenaline kicks into effect and some how you get through the show just fine. Now coming off the adrenaline rush is a pain for sure. lol

For myself, I am probably more prone to adrenaline rushes and their effects on me. I was diagnosed a few years ago with an acute anxiety disorder pretty much brought on because I am a twin and a chemical inbalance both myself and my twon brother have. In short it makes me feel phyiscally sick a lot and to feel physical pain that really is not there but the brain is telling the body there is something wrong.

Even though I have to live with this for the rest of my life, I have told myself countless times that I will NEVER let it control my life and I will never stop performing. Magic is a passion for me and even though I may have it a bit harder then most, I am not about to stop doing what I love to do.

I have often times felt so sick or had massive panic attacks right before a show. But when that music starts and the adrenaline starts flowing, man I feel fantastic. I just wish they could put it in a bottle so that coming off of it doesn't suck so bad. hehehe

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Menstruation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL