The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Please! I need Your Help? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
I already have my name for my website. Jim Snack & Julian Franklin responded back to me stating I needed a NAME that people can remeber easily. My website is http://www.rodneypalmermagic.com I have also added http://www.PortHuronMagic.com as that is the town I live in and people will remember PortHuronMagic
vs. RodneyPalmerMagic. I was told that I needed a familiar URL so people can remember what they were reading. Also, when my van is parked at an event, Birthday Party, etc. that is FREE Advertising people will go by and see my name and it is possible to get a show out of that. And when I had my car YES people would call me as I was driving down the interstate to inquire about shows. This is not something new to me as I have done this before. I just wanted some more input this time from fellow magicians as to what could be better. On my car back window I had the following:

First Class Magic (with my logo on the window)
Specializing in Family Fun Entertainment
Call (810) 966-0552
http://www.rodneypalmermagic.com

The problem I had was people were not sure if I was a Magician go figure. So I wanted something New this time. And YES it does/did work. I booked over 30 shows each year with that advertising. I recently purchased a New Van and wanted to do something more effective.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Rodney,

I know someone who had a very succesful clown and booking agency that had his van covered with his logo and slogans, etc... He did very well with it and people would say they see that van around town all the time.... But again his prices fit the $125 market.....

I think higher priced entertainers do not fit for this type of PR as well as the birthday magician.... Smile
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
And I am certainly NOT in that price range.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
I meant the high price entertainers who are $1000, $5000, $10,000 per show Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2007-09-11 19:22, magicofCurtis wrote:
Rodney,

I know someone who had a very succesful clown and booking agency that had his van covered with his logo and slogans, etc... He did very well with it and people would say they see that van around town all the time.... But again his prices fit the $125 market.....

I think higher priced entertainers do not fit for this type of PR as well as the birthday magician.... Smile

I was hoping this would be mentioned.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
I think an important question when advertising is: What is the real purpose of the ad on the van?

Is it to call them to action - and call you now!

If I were doing this (which I think is a good idea) I would approach it this way..
Or is it more of a "raising awarness" type of ad. By this I mean, they aren't going to call you because they see the ad driving down the road. But when they do decide they need a magician, your name will be at the front of their thoughts because they've seen you driving down the road a bunch of times.

Do you have any branding with all of your other advertising (ie. color schemes, logo, etc...)? if so, it is good to keep the "look and feel" the same.

What if your van could be changed every month or so. And the ads could be funny. Wouldn't it be great if the residents of port Huron actually looked forward to seeing your new van every month, and they talked about your ads....... Easier said than done??

ok, my 2 cents is only worth 1.27 cents.....but that's brainstorming for you.

scott
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
"Will work for food."

:D

Also saying "call now" and if you list a cellphone, might be a little awkward if you are in the van.

You: "Hello?"

Client: "Yes I am calling for the magician, we are behind you right now at the red light, how much do you charge?"

You might want to have "call later" instead. Or better yet "Do not call now! I am in traffic!" Then the calls will pour in.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Please! I need Your Help? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL