The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Gemini UF1264H Headset Microphone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I stumbled across this Gemini wireless headset and wondered if anyone has experience with this brand. It would be even better if someone had this model of mike and could tell me whether it's worth getting. Any thoughts on features?

http://www.brilliant-electronics.com/wir......264h.htm
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I can tell you this...I spent 21 years in radio, and one of the only wireless mic systems we ever had that was lower-end price with NO PROBLEMS with interference was a Gemini. So much so that the wireless system I used to use was a Gemini. Started as a lavalier, and then I went to the headset. This one's better than the one I used, but that brand is pretty nice!

Steve
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
I don't own one but I have used them several times at gigs were sound was provided for me. They seem to work.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
That was quick! LOL

Thanks for the responses...keep 'em coming.
CesaralM
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of CesaralM
You can have a look at "Cesaral Interference Detector" in http://www.cesaral.com.

It is a tool to detect different kinds of interferences that could have very bad consequences for your radio controlled devices or sound systems.

I hope it helps!

Cesar Alonso (Cesaral Magic)
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2007-10-23 14:24, CesaralM wrote:
You can have a look at "Cesaral Interference Detector" in http://www.cesaral.com.

I tried the link, several times, but just couldn't get it to work. Is the site just down, temporarily?
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
http://www.cesaral.com

Common mistake when entering links is putting a period at the end.
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Quote:
On 2007-10-23 14:24, CesaralM wrote:

It is a tool to detect different kinds of interferences that could have very bad consequences for your radio controlled devices or sound systems.

I hope it helps!

The frequencies that the Caseral Interference Detector is capable of detecting are not frequencies used by wireless mics ... at least not any wireless mics I've seen. Even if it DID detect frequencies in the range of wireless mics, it detects only three frequencies, whereas there are THOUSANDS of frequencies on which a wireless mic can function. Even if it COULD search every wireless mic frequency, and even if it could detect interference, simply detecting an active frequency is of little value, because simply avoiding a duplicate frequency may not be enough to avoid interference[/b] cause by interaction with that frequency.

I certainly do not mean to dis the device, because it may do a good job at what it's designed for ... I don't know. However, it is designed to aid in the use of remote-controlled devices, not to aid in the use of wireless mics.

Cheers from Toronto!
Dan McLean Jr
CesaralM
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of CesaralM
You can have a look at:

http://www.s-vip.com/eng/sm/sj_006dgw.php

Many frequency inhibitors work in a broad spectrum range and can ruin a performance if used. I know many cases...

If from that broad spectrum tree standard frecuencies are bein ocupied, then you can be facing a frequency inhibitor.

Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Getting back to the topic....I just ordered the mike and will be writing about it, next month, after I've used it several times in performances.
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
Yes do keep us posted.
Too me the boom on the headset looks very bulky and one does not know how large the mic head is with that windscreen removed.
It has more of an 80s/telemarketing type look. Good price if it works but still if the mic is bulky/clunky it would turn me off since it would be a distraction.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2007-11-20 12:34, mghia wrote:
Yes do keep us posted.
Too me the boom on the headset looks very bulky and one does not know how large the mic head is with that windscreen removed.
It has more of an 80s/telemarketing type look. Good price if it works but still if the mic is bulky/clunky it would turn me off since it would be a distraction.

The headset is a typical headset, not a Countryman type of mike by any means. I perform in rooms where it can be difficult to get distance from the speaker, so a uni-directional mike is a must. I want it to sound great. I've used a Countryman, when the client supplies the sound and it sometimes shifts, resulting in it not picking up my voice as it should. I've never had a problem, yet, with a larger headset shifting - it stays put. I haven't used it enough to comment much, but so far it performs well.

The windscreen can be removed for those indoor shows. The element is 3/8" in diameter. If you want to change the headset, it is detachable. Just replace it with a headset with a mini-XLR plug.
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Quote:
If you want to change the headset, it is detachable. Just replace it with a headset with a mini-XLR plug.

Hi, Alan!
Just be aware that, although different brands or wireless use what you're calling the "mini XLR" connector, those different brands usually do not use the same wiring standard, so a mic that plugs into a your Gemini may not work properly with Shure, Anchor, Beyer, E/V, HME, Lightspeed, MiPro, Peavey, Sabine, Telex, TOA, or Vega beltpacks, even though they use the same connector. More brands use a connector that may LOOK the same, but actually have 3 or 5 pins instead of 4.

Anyway, CHEERS!
Dan McLean Jr
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
I use a Countryman E-6 with an AT wireless set. I never have had a problem with it - especially with feedback. I can stand very close to a speaker and not have any feedback sound. The mike is somewhat fragile, so be careful when you remove and store it. I use a bit of makeup tape to secure the mike behind the ear and at the base of my neck.
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.christophermanos.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Gemini UF1264H Headset Microphone (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL