The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My version of "The Ripper" by Lee Asher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

matthewjohnson1234
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of matthewjohnson1234
Hi Guys,

I recently met Lee Asher and his dad at PCAM in Calgary and went to see Lee Asher lecture. It was fantatstic! If you have never seen this guy lecture you simply must!!!!!

Anyways I fell in love with a little effect of his called "The Ripper". I have come up with my own version and thought you might like to see it. For those of you that know the ripper you will appreciate the twist and difference in handeling, what's more, it's now a get ready production for the McDonalds Aces . I would love to hear your comments. Enjoy!

Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgiBqT20HGs

Later,

MJ (Magic Johnson)
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Very cool. Smile
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Looks mice. You know what came to mind when I watched it? If you had a "4" card that contained a pip of each suit. In other words one card has a club, heart, spade and diamond on it. Then this unusal card turns into the 4 aces like you did.

I think I've seen a card like this for some effect before in some packet trick. I just can't think of where. If it hits me I'll let you know because it might be a good lead in then end with what you've got here.

Anyway just thought I'd share my thoughts on it.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
matthewjohnson1234
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments :o)

Ron, I had the same idea the only thing that put me off was the fact that I would not be able to go right into McDonalds Aces or similar effects as I would have the stranger card. I also like the seemingly impromptu nature of the mistake first and then the production, an obvious gaffed card might make it look more like a magic trick as opposed to slight of hand. I have seen the card you are speaking of before and I cannot think where I saw it either.

I really appreciate your thoughts and comments guys, keep em coming!

Cheers,

MJ
matthewjohnson1234
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Sorry guys I spelled sleight incorrectly. I hope I did not spell incorrectly, incorrectly!

:o)

MJ
John Heggie
View Profile
Inner circle
Huntersville, NC
1805 Posts

Profile of John Heggie
Nice job.
Thanks for sharing.

~John
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Nice variation. I actually like this on better than Lee's Ripper.
Magic is a vanishing art.
matthewjohnson1234
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Thanks again guys,

I am so glad you are enjoying it. Edh that's very nice of you to say so :o)

MJ
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Thanks for sharing.
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Indeed,a very cool way to produce the aces for mcdonalds aces Smile
I like it very much!
greetings Jerry
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Thanks for the cool clip...

j
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
matthewjohnson1234
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Hi Jerry,

Glad you like it. I have another cool production for the McDonalds Aces that I published in a book of mine a few years back. It is based on a routine by David Acer called "Lickety Flip". I published it with the kind permission of David and titled it "Flick of the lip" :o) I I will post a video of it here in the next couple of days so check back.

Later

MJ
cheekychap
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of cheekychap
Now that was hot Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My version of "The Ripper" by Lee Asher (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL