The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Aw crap.. my haunt job is off (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Figures. Nothing good shall come to pass, say ye.

The church/school that I was supposed to run a haunt for this year ( in their basement during carnival) has called it off. Seems they didn't know to check with the ol' Fire Marshall first, who requires 60 days advance notice, and a bunch of forms to fill out, sprinklers in the ceiling, etc..
Good thing I didn't really spend anything on it.

If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't.
Heck, if it's just good, it probably won't.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Sorry to hear that. Guess we are both out of luck for this year. Are you going to do a home haunt, or is that still a bit much for your son?

Dave
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
That sux... but I am sure something Halloweenish will come your way soon that will allow you to use all your ghost gizmos
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Dang shame, Myst! I'm sorry to hear that!

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
You're both welcome to come and visit or talk to our Actor Coordinator about coming to "play" as a guest actor at an official Hauntworld #1 Haunt in America...

Chris
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Sorry. It stinks when a haunt goes south on you.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Thanks Chris, but it 2500 miles is kind of a long commute ofr a guest acting gig. I was very glad to year of your ranking, though I really think you guys are were judged in the wrong category. I would have rather seen you be compared to the big boys and ranked highly. It would have given more legitimacy to the theatrical style haunt. Keep up the good work guys!

I am still hoping to pull something for this season, but no idea what. Fortunately, I have no shortage of places that I can go to guest act, so I shouldn't be totally out in the cold.

Dave
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
Dave,

Thanks for the kind words. The whole concept of the owners living at the attraction site put us into the "home haunt" category. After 15 years of doing this and a bunch of quirky yet cool recognitions, an acknowledged #1 in any category is most welcome.

There were only four attractions in PA on all of the lists, and only Terror Syndicate/Steve Hickman (#3 in the Home Haunt Category) is in our market. That means we made the list when every other stand-alone, fun center, scare park, and even two amusement parks in our area, did not.

That, and we're just happy that SOMEBODY gets us goofy theatrical types, anyway ;-)

Chris

P.S.--Pittsburgh is a tourist destination. If you change your mind, call me!
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Ah, Pittsburgh! My hometown. I remember well the old Ed and Wendy King talk shows and the Halloween specials they used to have on KDKA radio until Ed King died. They don't do 'em like that anymore.

Hey, is anyone going to do an honorarium to Houdini? He did die on October 31 afterall.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Must be sign of the economic times... looks like my Halloween gig is gonna swirl down the toilet of oblivion....

Good thing I got other things like parties and restaurants to keep me out of trouble....
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
Sabrina
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of Sabrina
Could it possibly be an indirect result of the "family values" upsurge in politics and media?
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Quote:
On 2007-09-12 19:57, Sabrina wrote:
Could it possibly be an indirect result of the "family values" upsurge in politics and media?

Not in my case.. just a simple case of PPP : **** poor planning

Thanks for the offer, Chris, I'm substantially closer than Dave is, but Pittsburgh is still a major haul for me.
I appreciate the offer though - I really wish I was closer, I would take that up in a heartbeat!
and Congrats on your ranking, that's awesome.

I still have to hold back on my home haunts, the ol' chip off the block hasn't fully realized his fear inducing potential and love of the creepy just yet Smile.
I intend to do more than I did last year though, last year was super lame. This year, I built a glue gun based cob-webber, it works with an air compressor (Chris and Dave will know exactly what I mean).. I built it out of a Surebonder 80 watt glue gun using Scary-Terry's directions.
Man, that thing works great, those webs look completely real! I'll never buy that stupid store-bought stretchy stuff again!
He's scared to death of animatronics.. my Wowee Alive Chimp sends him under the bed.

Oh, if anyone is interested in seeing my previous Halloween settings, check out my profile on Hauntspace.com or sinisterspace.com - my nick at these places is "Desmodus" though, not Mystician.
It's weird not to direct y'all to my normal website, but the stuff is better displayed where it's at.
http://hauntspace.com/Desmodus/gallery
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Aw crap.. my haunt job is off (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL