The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Galli Galli Cups ... (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
Yea, we got them on both sides of the road here. Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
967 Posts

Profile of lint
Wasn't this Galli Galli somewhat of a b*stard in regards to the way he treated his baby chicks after the show?

-todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
It was reported that he indeed flushed 'em. Just today watched Johnny Ace Palmer do his cups with the baby chick final loads... netted a standing ovation from the audience. His routine is short and sweet and KOs the folks.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
When Galli Galli appeared in Houston at the IBM Convention in 1957, at the Rice Hotel, his act went over really well. Then they caught him flushing the baby chicks down the toilet. He was summarily booted out of the hotel.

In contrast to that, I have accompanied Johnny Ace Palmer (no relation, by the way) during his "baby chick runs." In each town he performs in, he visits a feed store, purchases the chicks he needs and uses them. Then he returns the chicks unharmed to the feed store. The feed store people take them back, because they are still saleable.

Johnny is a kind, gentle man. He knows that his baby chicks are more than just props. So he treats them with respect -- as any magician who works with livestock should.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I agree with you, Bill. The chicks should not only be treated with respect but also loved. They are very cute and fun to have but must be treated with tender loving care.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I got one of the "so called real looking" fake chicks. Never could read Japanese so I don't know how or what it does... but my thought is to produce it as a final load and say... "Geez, it was alive and chirping this morning! Smile
rogueclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Hollywood
320 Posts

Profile of rogueclown
Thanks for the laugh Pete!!! That would be a funny bit.
RC
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSI6jGoEtJ0

Somebody found him doing the routine and put it on youtube.

Some days I love the Internet.

KG
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
Poor little chicks, I am glad he did not make the elevator move with one of them.
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
That's a nice routine. Did you see how rough he handles the chicks?
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2009-03-07 11:47, JamesTong wrote:
That's a nice routine. Did you see how rough he handles the chicks?

Yes, and, now knowing what he did to the chicks afterwards, turned my stomach. I'm no PETA fanatic but Bill Palmer has it exactly right; a magician should treat his livestock with kindness and respect. At the very least, it is the ethical and moral thing to do.

I'm heartened to learn that Johnny Ace Palmer did...and does. I suspected as much just by watching Jonny's performances with the chicks. His gentleness, tenderness and kindness to the chicks always seemed plainly to not be faked. Way to go, Johnny. Your humanity and decency shines through.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
If you ever saw him on the ED SULLIVAN SHOW... you would have seen him also load chicks on a spectator, even down his pants. BTW the host on the above clip is Jerry Lester. I once went to see his show, live, in NY... I believe a regular on the show "Broadway Open House" was a H U G E Marilyn Monroe-like blond, named DAGMAR. It was a very funny show.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Galli Galli Cups ... (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL