The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Crazy Mans Handcuffs. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John McCormack
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of John McCormack
Hello,

Michael Ammars book is on it's way to me and I am aware that this trick is in it. Could someone explain the effect? Is it similar to 'The Penertrating Bands' wherein two bands visibly penertrate each other?
BTW, does this or the other trick use any gimmicks or is it impromtu?

Thanks,

John. Smile
Dark
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Dark
Yup, the effect is a pair of rubber bands which penetrate each other. To answer your second question, no, it does not require a gimmick and is very impromptu but works better with certain types of bands.
Robinson
View Profile
New user
Michigan
28 Posts

Profile of Robinson
So what kind of rubber bands do you like using for this effect.
The best kept secret of magic.. practice Smile
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
I do it in conjunction with Star Gazer, and #16's work best for me since they are about the same size as the Star Gazer bands. I know many others prefer #19 size bands. Try both and see which work best for you.

Bill Beach
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
#19 bands are very good for CMH as well as other rubber band effects.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Dark
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Dark
I get some brightly colored bands from my local office supply store, #19.
khuber
View Profile
Regular user
SLC Utah
125 Posts

Profile of khuber
I also prefer #19's. They seem to work better for me.
Robinson
View Profile
New user
Michigan
28 Posts

Profile of Robinson
I use #16 at the moment.. however i think i will go to the supply store and give #19 a try. Smile
The best kept secret of magic.. practice Smile
dannysuen
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of dannysuen
Michael Ammar's booklet doesn't explain how to throw two bands together, I saw people can do this in some video clips, so where can I find relevant resources? Thanks a lot!
JeffHall
View Profile
Regular user
Davis, California
161 Posts

Profile of JeffHall
I use #19 rubber bands and it is one of my favorite tricks. You put a few rubber bands in your wallet and you ready when asked, "Please do a trick". Well worth the time put into it. I got my rubber bands at an office supply company...For less than $2.00 you can get a very large box.
good luck, Jeff
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
Dannysuen,
Look at Dan Harlan's rubber band videos. Volumes 1 and 2 will give you more than you will ever need, for some truly great magic.
family/magic/music/life
John McCormack
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of John McCormack
Quote:
On 2003-02-19 06:39, dannysuen wrote:
Michael Ammar's booklet doesn't explain how to throw two bands together, I saw people can do this in some video clips, so where can I find relevant resources? Thanks a lot!

What do you mean, throw two bands together?
Is this part of the effect?

I'm getting his book btw, "The Magic of Mike Ammar", does he miss something out (throw two bands together)? Does he explaine the routine fully or not anyone?

Thanks,

John.
dannysuen
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of dannysuen
Ok,the point here is how to "lock" two rubber bands together before you do the effect. In M.A's book let, he stated you string one band on your left hand, and dangle another one from your right hand, then...

But in that video clip, the guy strang two bands on bother hands, and show you they are seperated, but by one flash move, they have "locked" together, then he did the effect.

PM me if you want this clip.
JamesD
View Profile
New user
Lexington KY
70 Posts

Profile of JamesD
I just started on this effect yesterday (using Ammar's book), but looking at it, it would seem that all of the moves are there for a genuine strand by strand penetration, as well as a relocking using the same technique.
James
bg
View Profile
Veteran user
Indy
313 Posts

Profile of bg
Where can Ammars book be purchased? I'm having trouble finding it. Ammars website doesn't even have it.
Are there any other books that have CMH and similar closeup effects?
Thanks, Brian
JamesD
View Profile
New user
Lexington KY
70 Posts

Profile of JamesD
I'm sure there are sources online, but you can get The Magic of Michael Ammar from Edgar Hume, Proprietor of The Clock Shop, our local Magic Store in Lexington Ky.
859-255-6936. A great guy with a nice store. PM me for his email address.

James
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Just go to your local magic shop. If they don't have the book they can order it.
Otherwise, there are countless magic shops on line.
Just do a search.
Daniel Faith
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Crazy Mans Handcuffs. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL