The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Lucid Dreams and Abyss 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
The reviewer for this product said it comes with some things with the manuscript.
Also, Not everyone will be able to use these methods.
Quote:
Not everyone will be able to use these methods. The second method really doesn't seem like it would work very well.

It is a write up not a video, No DVD.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
The card in bottle packaged with Lucid dreams can be sold for $20 as a stand alone item. Also with the forum up new ideas are coming out. The thing with lucid dreams is that the effects are open to being changed and performed in different ways. You can emulate the look of nearly all the other coin in bottles with lucid dreams.

MAC.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
I'd love to see a vid of that card in bottle, will there be one up soon?
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Profile of palmtreemagic!
Quote:
On 2007-09-30 09:15, Alan Patrick wrote:
Just wondering what exactly you get with abyss 2? is it a manuscript and gimmicks? or is it something we have to make?

Abyss 2 is very tempting esspecially with the sale @ hocus pocus

AP

You get a very well detailed manuscript and some stuff that can enhance the illusion of the abyss. You also get instructions on how to access the forum. After a week of practice with abyss, I performed the most basic version of abyss2 last night to a few friends when we were watching a movie and all they could do the rest of the movie was try to get the quarter out of the sealed bottle with no label. It was definitely worth the price.
Unleashing the moment of astonishment, one impromptu situation at a time.
Alan Patrick
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Alan Patrick
Yeah..looks like I'm gonna have to pick this up..i mean for the way the effect looks and price...i guess I cant go wrong!

AP
Mind Melter
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
179 Posts

Profile of Mind Melter
Quote:
On 2007-09-30 10:48, The Mac wrote:
The card in bottle packaged with Lucid dreams can be sold for $20 as a stand alone item. Also with the forum up new ideas are coming out. The thing with lucid dreams is that the effects are open to being changed and performed in different ways. You can emulate the look of nearly all the other coin in bottles with lucid dreams.

MAC.

This may be the case Mac and it's very cool that you included it. But I'm not very interested in a card in bottle effect Smile I'm sure a lot of people are though.

I would totally get LD if it was a bit cheaper. But $30usd is way out of my league for a CIB effect (which is specifically what I'm after)

I'm wondering how much you would have sold it for without the extra card in bottle effect?

For me, it all boils down to price and practicality. By the looks of it, you got the practicality part down for sure Smile well done there mate.
Mikeal
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Mikeal
I feel somewhat mislead by Lucid Dreams and disappointed.
I think it is misleading or confusing and unethical magic and I’d like to make a few points.

Dream1 says “Borrowed Bottle” and “Borrowed Coin”
This is only possible with a small coin. You can find other CIBs that do that in different ways. If you want to do it with a quarter or other big coin like the ad says, the bottle CANNOT be borrowed or ungimmicked. It is misleading because they say Dream1 is “borrowed” and says it can be done with big coins but this is really only true for small coins. If you want to use a quarter then this is no longer as practical as you were probably hoping. You must cut open the bottle at the end to show normal if you want to use a big coin so you can’t give it away with the big coin inside.

Another issue is the originality of some methods. Don’t get me wrong, there are some original ideas in this, but there are areas where the author takes tricks like Abyss1, Labelled, Flight 204, and other marketed tricks and includes them in his PDF. Anyone can copy other peoples work. It upsets me to see this and then turned around into a quick PDF. I believe he is creative enough he shouldn’t have to take from other tricks to sell his. Unethical and not cool.

Dream1 with a small coin is practical.
Dream2 is not as practical and not the easiest thing. Something the reviewer didn’t mention is if you want to use a quarter or other big coin the set-up is 10 minutes according to the author.

For the factory sealed bottle the trick Labelled is used.

By using marketed tricks or replicas of them the practicality of his trick is lost and so are ethics, originality and everything else.
Taking other creators work or giving misleading ads upsets me. I know this makes me the bad guy by being negative and some people may not care about the ethics. It is NOT a perfect trick 10/10. I’m left with a bad taste in my mouth. Smile
GEMINI
View Profile
Regular user
WA, USA
193 Posts

Profile of GEMINI
Quote:
On 2007-10-03 22:00, Mikeal wrote:
I feel somewhat mislead by Lucid Dreams and disappointed.
I think it is misleading or confusing and unethical magic and I’d like to make a few points.

Dream1 says “Borrowed Bottle” and “Borrowed Coin”
This is only possible with a small coin. You can find other CIBs that do that in different ways. If you want to do it with a quarter or other big coin like the ad says, the bottle CANNOT be borrowed or ungimmicked. It is misleading because they say Dream1 is “borrowed” and says it can be done with big coins but this is really only true for small coins. If you want to use a quarter then this is no longer as practical as you were probably hoping. You must cut open the bottle at the end to show normal if you want to use a big coin so you can’t give it away with the big coin inside.

Another issue is the originality of some methods. Don’t get me wrong, there are some original ideas in this, but there are areas where the author takes tricks like Abyss1, Labelled, Flight 204, and other marketed tricks and includes them in his PDF. Anyone can copy other peoples work. It upsets me to see this and then turned around into a quick PDF. I believe he is creative enough he shouldn’t have to take from other tricks to sell his. Unethical and not cool.

Dream1 with a small coin is practical.
Dream2 is not as practical and not the easiest thing. Something the reviewer didn’t mention is if you want to use a quarter or other big coin the set-up is 10 minutes according to the author.

For the factory sealed bottle the trick Labelled is used.

By using marketed tricks or replicas of them the practicality of his trick is lost and so are ethics, originality and everything else.
Taking other creators work or giving misleading ads upsets me. I know this makes me the bad guy by being negative and some people may not care about the ethics. It is NOT a perfect trick 10/10. I’m left with a bad taste in my mouth. Smile

Hmmm! Food for thought!!

- Sam
Barry Daugherty
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
133 Posts

Profile of Barry Daugherty
Quote:
On 2007-09-28 16:09, THEGUY26 wrote:
Nobody ever said it was impromptu. You do need your own bottle.

Why did another reviewer of the Abyss say that you could find a bottle on the street and perform it with just a tiny bit of preparation? That would lead me to think I could borrow a bottle. Which review is correct?
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Reply to bddaughe: The "larger than the mouth" coin cannot be loaded in front of spectators (hope I am not tipping too much) although a novel method taught for loading the coin could be done "almost" anyplace so one would not have to show up (say at a party) with a preloaded bottle. Sorry, no real magic
Barry Daugherty
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
133 Posts

Profile of Barry Daugherty
Xcath1,

Thanks for the update. I didn't expect real magic. I was just curious about the discrepancy. Since my last update, I ordered this and received it. I'm very impressed. Some great ideas...some of which I had already stumbled upon. But, overall, I was pleasantly surprised. It wouldn't be too hard to make it look impromptu by strategically planting a bottle! :o) That's what I intend to do.

Thanks,
Barry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Lucid Dreams and Abyss 2 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL