The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Steve Draun Flat Pass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
What do think to Steve's Flat Pass

http://www.stevedraun.com/movies.htm

How does it look anglewise?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
h2o
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of h2o
Really nice and... really fast. Seems to be a classic pass done so fast that it can be done flat and right under the nose without needs to cover views from up, no?
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
It looks like a pass that Ken Krenzel and Derrick Dingle used to do years ago where the top half of the cards goes around the bottom at a different (non-traditional) angle. I may be wrong...but, that is what it looks like to me.

When I learned it, I only used it when an audience was in front of me or lower. I do not think those versions were published...so, this may be a first for the mechanics of that style pass.

If Ken Krenzel reads this forum...hopefully, he will respond...

I also find that the invisible pass or turnover pass is very useful when working for an audience who can potentially see the cards from a lower angle (ie. platform work, trade show (where your are elevated), etc.)

Angles are everything...so be aware Smile
Long Island,

New York
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Kind of reminds me of a Vernon move out of the Ultimate Secrets. The idea was that the top packet practically rolls around the edge of the bottom packet.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well I was hoping some you would have learned this so you could give us a point of view based on your experience of using it. I cant seem to see how one orders the CD there, it says CD-Rom #2, where on the site can you order that?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
http://www.stevedraun.com/cdrom2.htm

Once you've found the basic link on the left hand side, there are more at the top.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Miscellaneous! I am sure I had tried that one, I must have clicked the wrong one thanks.

By the way I am not asking how it is done but just wondering if it looks good all around. We shouldn't try and reengineer it as he is selling it.

Tommy
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Why is this called the "flat pass?"

Does it take place through two dimensions, that is, more so than a classic pass?

Or is there another reason?

Not looking for an exposure, just very curious about the name.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Hansen
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
653 Posts

Profile of Hansen
Reminds me a little of Doc's Infinity Pass, where the bottom hand doesn't dip down.
That's the first time I've seen Steve's Flat Pass. Looks very nice, but I'm guessing you wouldn't want anyone behind you when performing this one.
Steve's Starfish Change on that page looks great too. Very Smooth.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Steve Draun Flat Pass (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL