The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Jimmy Ray DVD Produced By "The Magic Neighborhood (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Quizzmo
View Profile
New user
Midatlantic
4 Posts

Profile of Quizzmo
Wow we finally finished it, our first instructional DVD and what an experience.

Award winning Magician/Comedian Jimmy Ray has finally released a new DVD "Seeing Is Believing". Produced by The Magic Neighborhood" this DVD is a must have for those who have seen Jimmys unique style of Magic and Comedy over the years.

When I first saw Jimmy Ray performing on the Ed Sullivan show I was only five years old.
I sat with my parents and grandparents and took notice of Magic for the first time. There was something is his presentation that sparkled, something special, something that reached inside and touched the audience. It left an imprint on me. That imprint would surface once again 45 years later when I received the chance to spend an extraordinary summer with this innovative Magical entertainer, sharing secrets, creative concepts, ideas, incites and magic nostalgia of the greats that came before us. Unlike our first meetings as a wide-eyed student and master mentor over twenty years ago when dove productions were the order of the day, this summer presented unique opportunities and challenges alike. Whereas illness and time have ravaged Jimmy’s’ eyesight, rendering him completely blind, his sense of inner vision remains incredibly intact offering a priceless view to the Magic community at large.

When Mark Walsh first contacted me about helping put together a lecture DVD for Jimmy Ray I had no idea that we would be embarking on such an incredible journey. Jimmy had recently won the Phoenix Close-up Magic Award in honor of Master Manipulator “Ed Voorhees” at the William V. Rauscher IBM Ring 165 in Collingswood N.J. Completely blind Jimmy presented the Coins in purse with his own special kicker you will find on this DVD. This was Magic presented at its’ best as only Jimmy Ray could. Originally the process of putting together a DVD seemed cut and dry. Set the stage, present the effect then present the explanation. Over 100 hours of Video later, countless cups of coffee at the corner deli, Bob Littles’ Super Sunday, a MAES conference and endless conversations and creative sessions I began to realize there was pardon the pun “More than meets the eye” and we had only scratched the surface. Mark and I both agree in one summer we had learned more about magic and its’ unique ability to touch the audience than at any other time in our research and learning. Our vision had been opened and we were being led by a wizened blind magi, who could see things beyond our knowledge and perception. A treasured gift indeed.

Jimmy’s’ stage presence, creative innovation and astute comedic timing have built his reputation far and wide over the decades. His “Cruise Book” is still the penultimate reference for those who would like to venture into performing magic on cruise lines. He continues to create and inspire those who have had the privilege of seeing him perform both on stage and in informal settings.

What touched me most this last summer was when my daughters met Jimmy for the first time and I was awe inspired when he presented his old snowstorm effect for them without the use of any props. His verbal visualization of the effect left all in earshot moved to tears,
Not tears of sadness but tears of wonder that only occur when you realized you have witnessed and partaken in something truly magical.

When I asked Jimmy what made that moment stand out more than the others he explained.
“Any fool can make people laugh, it takes a true entertainer to touch the heart of the audience.”

Anyone who has ever witnessed Jimmy Ray perform can surely understand “Seeing Is Believing”

If you would like a copy of this remarkable piece of Magical History it is only $15.00.

Contact Michael St. James or Mark Walsh at 609-636-6852

Click here to view attached image.
Micahel St. James
A Magical Music Tour

Where "Magic Is Art From The Heart"

stmajkman@yahoo.com
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
This dvd, as well as all his previous tapes and projects is simply fantastic.

His recent lecture was the best lecture I have attended in years.

I wish more of the younger generation of magicians would stop buying dvds from people who make a living just selling dvd's. Please buy this one from a man who truly lived a life of magic. Who is more qualified to sell you a dvd of effects?

I also feel he deserves to be awarded and applauded for all the time he has spent mentoring some of the younger magicians in his area (myself included especially!)

I took a massive leap forward with my magic and illusions after I started hanging out with him. He took a big interest and really took the time to help me progress as an artist and a magician. I learned real routining and magic logic from this
true "Master magician" in a world of self proclaimed ones.

The dvd itself is very well made. The effects are simple, utlitizing as few sleights as possible so you can concentrate on a great performance.

One of the card effects is truly killer and entirely self working.

I highly reccomend this dvd and I ask that you all help support a man who has given so much to magic over the years. He is busy right now working on new tricks and coming back to our community with a lot of great ideas and projects in the works.

I would ask that you all support his efforts so he can continue to share his
great magic with our community.

Please buy this dvd and let him know we care about his legacy of great magic.

Thank you...

Steven
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Anyone have this DVD?
~Joe
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Wow, Jimmy Ray. I purchased a Ray of Magic from Herb Morrissey when I was a young teenager. I used to perform his ace routine all the time

Fish
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Wow, this thread is an oldie but goodie.
I am flooded with memories now, of Jimmy blowing me away at the Lindenwold Moose Lodge in the late 80's, as well as a really cool magic shop called The Wizards Realm, where I spent a bunch of time (and money) while it existed.

Great memories of both!

I was young and thought I knew so much... and then Jimmy showed me real magic, and my jaw is still back there on that floor!

:cheers:
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
I own this DVD.

It is excellent.

You should consider yourself lucky if you can get your hands on one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Jimmy Ray DVD Produced By "The Magic Neighborhood (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL