The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Help! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
I just found out today that my wife "volunteered" me to work at my daughters' elementary school "haunted house". I am to be performing magic in the Spirit Room. This is an event for kids aged 5-11. From what I understand they have 4-5 "rooms" that each have a theme (pirate room, spirit room, etc...). It doesn't sound like the kids will be in any one room for too long.

Any suggestions on effects for these ages that will be quick and spirit-themed?
What is the color of magic?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
The Glorpy / Haunted Hanky done with fun... and remember its a friendly ghost!

Also, A Run Rabbit Run theme if you can find the Haunte Ghost Version
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
DeadDave
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
176 Posts

Profile of DeadDave
I do the "Haunted Key" for trick or treaters. I tell them that it opens an old chest (conveniently located on my porch) and after it turns in my hand, the chest slowly opens from 10 feet away. They love it! Oddly, they all have attacks of "no curiosity" when it comes to actually seeing what's in there.
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
You could have a good time with some D'LITEful spirits...

Chris
Montethrower
View Profile
Elite user
a little town in nowhere
422 Posts

Profile of Montethrower
I've done this at kid's parties near Halloween when nothing else sufficed or I was on the spot and someone wanted to see a "ghost trick"

I have an old Prego Spaghetti sauce Jar in my box. It is empty, save for a lebel on the outside, where "Uncle Jake" Is printed in Black Sharpie. I tell the chitlen that my uncle was a magician too, and since his performing days are long over (He's 128 years old) I carry him around to some of my shows. Maybe he'll do some magic for you guys today.

I either dump him onto my glorpy hanky, or reach in and pull him out with a D'Lite. Great reactions!!!

Best,

Monte
Dr. Zenitram
View Profile
Regular user
New York
156 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zenitram
Cute.. uhm I mean spooky!, I like that!

Quote:
On 2007-10-10 11:47, Montethrower wrote:
I've done this at kid's parties near Halloween when nothing else sufficed or I was on the spot and someone wanted to see a "ghost trick"

I have an old Prego Spaghetti sauce Jar in my box. It is empty, save for a lebel on the outside, where "Uncle Jake" Is printed in Black Sharpie. I tell the chitlen that my uncle was a magician too, and since his performing days are long over (He's 128 years old) I carry him around to some of my shows. Maybe he'll do some magic for you guys today.

I either dump him onto my glorpy hanky, or reach in and pull him out with a D'Lite. Great reactions!!!

Best,

Monte
Will you, won't you, ESP with me?
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
I did a kid's show over a year ago and still run into some of the kids who saw it. Believe it or not, one of the tricks they remember the most is the old Telekinetic Timber. The power of their minds made it move!
Montethrower
View Profile
Elite user
a little town in nowhere
422 Posts

Profile of Montethrower
Cool! And thanks Doc. That's kinda what I was going for.

Best

Monte
Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
I picked up Bill Abbott's "The Thing", and will practice maniacally for the next week.

Look, I'm a puppeteer!
What is the color of magic?
docbarnes
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of docbarnes
I would suggets that no matter what you do that you only perform one at most two items.
Debbie Black
View Profile
New user
Phoenix,
57 Posts

Profile of Debbie Black
The kids will often repeat a visit if allowed; I'd have a good solid ghost routine as a backup... the old rising pencil, hook in palm version, fool proof , no threads--no worry, can be very frightening if presented well,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Help! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL