The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins Through Table made of glass??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dncmagic
View Profile
New user
Gettysburg Pa
57 Posts

Profile of dncmagic
I was just wondering if any of you guys know of a Coins Through Table routine that is done on a glass table. I mean, you can visually watch the coins melt through the table, both ways; melt down through the top and up through the bottom. I'm just wondering because I had a few ideas that would make this effect possible, but I'm not sure what's been done. With so many videos, it's almost impossible to know everything about magic. But so far, I've not heard of such a trick. Have any of you??
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
How about this one:

Visible Coins Through The Glass Table
James Lewis, 1st edition 1988, soft cover, 31 p.

I think it's also on his Million Dollar Mysteries video.

- Frank
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
That trick has a history in recent magic literature. David Neighbors put one in print long ago in Apocalypse Magazine. I included one in an article published in the September, 2006 issue of Genii Magazine.

And of course, when you have a very visual vanish method, say in Roth's Folding Coins Through the Table, you are all set to use that surprise to cover the production which must happen below. (Or in James Lewis's routine - in reverse. Smile )
...to all the coins I've dropped here
mfeld
View Profile
Elite user
San Francisco
457 Posts

Profile of mfeld
It's relatively new in the world of Coins Through Glass Table, but Dean Dill's Triangle is a great version of this effect.

You can see it on his website.

Also, without an explanation, there are a few clips of Cyril doing some awesome versions of this kind of effect.
Michael Feldman
www.michaelfeldman.com

Or follow me on Twitter - @magicianmike
And Instagram - @magicianmichaelfeldman

Check out my newest book with Ryan Plunkett: A New Angle
https://www.ryancplunkett.com/project/anewangle
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Here is the link to Dean's site, where the effect is located:

http://www.deandill.com/triangle.html

The demo vid looks great, and I love the fact that he used music by "Air". It is the very beginning of their song, "Surfing on a Rocket".

Corey
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2007-10-09 23:01, Frank L. wrote:
I think it's also on his Million Dollar Mysteries video.

It is.

(I thought that video was nigh impossible to find. Has it been reissued on DVD?)
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Gang,
Besides the coins thru the glass I had in Apocalypse (in year no. 20.) (Thanks, J.T.), I had a 3 coins up thru a glass table in the first year end CD-R from Antinomy! I have more, but it's not in print yet! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey, David, just how many effects have you come up with??? WOW, you are quite a prolific magic creator. Smile Glad we have you. -Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Dean's demo is only part of it... You have to see it in order and how it builds.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi M.B.,
Thanks, Man!
Around 100. (And that's just Matrix! Smile) Just kidding! I'd say 200 - 300! And that is handlings! As far as I know, there is not that many coin plots! Smile So as Bill Malone always says, "Stop me when you see one you like!" Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
dncmagic
View Profile
New user
Gettysburg Pa
57 Posts

Profile of dncmagic
I also have used 8 coins, 4 copper and 4 silver. The four silver go in my hand under the table. I take one copper, rub it against the table, and I would have 1 silver in my hand, and under the table is 3 silver and 1 copper that can be shown front and back. Continue until all four copper coins are under the table and the four silver are on top. So I guess it's more like a copper/silver transpo through the table. It really seems to mystify the people I tried it for, especially since I can show them both sides of all 8 coins and they can examine before and after.
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
The demo on Dean's Triangle really does not do the effect justice. There's a review in this October's Magic Magazine by John Lovick. He says the same thing. You have to see it to believe (or not believe) it.

Dean's Triangle and the routine he sells builds through 4 phases, each more amazing and impossible than the one before it. It's pricey, yes, but it's worth every penny for what you get.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Dean's Triangle is a joy to perform AND practice in front of the mirror. I don't think I have ever seen more dumbfounded looks on people when I do some magic as I get with Dean's Triangle...it's really the BEST coin through 'glass' effect there is. I even bought a second one. Smile
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
John Cornelius does one in Coin Magic, written by Richard Kaufman, where the coin passes through the top of a glass table. Pretty neat routine, as well.
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Derek Dingle developed a routine for Doug Henning that was never used, published in Richard's Almanac.
princehal
View Profile
Loyal user
Pennsylvania
214 Posts

Profile of princehal
I have been lusting after Dean's Triangle. Can the coins be used for effects other than with the table?
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Princehal,

I don't have the actual effect, however by watching the demo of Dean doing this...I would say that yes you could. Perhaps some of Hooser's material or Eric Jones's material. Both have fantastic work.

Not to mention you always are welcome to come up with routines of your own. Smile

Have a great day!

Corey
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins Through Table made of glass??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL