The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Crazy Man's Handcuffs (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
There are some tricks which do not need a lot of clever patter. Where the magic is strong and visual. This is one of those tricks. Let the magic speak for itself. Smile
santaknows
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of santaknows
There are many patter challenges in doing rubber band tricks. One option is to do storytelling as noted above. A second option is to use a few appropriate one-liners. A third option is to mention the history of rubber bands, briefly, of course, A fourth option is to mention some creative uses of rubber bands. The fifth option is to combine portions of the other options. Some examples follow.

One Liners
• I was only supposed to perform for about an hour but the host wants me to stretch, so here goes...
• Don’t you think I’ve aged remarkably well?
• And you can see I’ve attained motor skills
• It’s a fetish now…
• You would enjoy this more as a work of art
• These two need no introduction
• I haven’t cheated yet, but it’s coming up
• The closer you watch, the less you see and the less you see is better for me
• I train my band well
• It all happens in living color
• Aren’t you glad I only use my powers for good?
• This is my fifth trick for those of you keeping score

Rubber Band History

Stephen Perry invented these ubiquitous rubber latex loops in 1845. He invented rubber bands to hold papers and envelopes together, but its uses have multiplied into untold applications. Most of us have rubber bands coming out of our ears. They sneak into our homes via bundles of mail and the newspaper, bunches of produce and cut flowers. And then they seem to multiply, like rabbits, in the junk drawer.

So what to use them for? They're not as sleek a hack as binder clips, and they don't have the same repair integrity as duct tape, but they are the perfect in-a-pinch solution to many problems: Think providing the simplest means for an easy fix that might otherwise deem an item unusable. There are as many ways to use a rubber band as your mind will conceive, but here some common ¬– and uncommon applications.

Uses for Rubber Bands

1. Get a bunch of them and make a rubber ball; the more the better.
2. Make Christmas tree decorations!
3. Floss your teeth!
4. A hair tie. A simple rubber band does the trick, but it can take a few hairs with it as you pull it out.
5. An eraser. Grab a few rubber bands and create a small rubber band ball. With enough rubber bands, you'll have something sturdy that can erase pencil just as well as your standard eraser.
6. A mafia wallet. Wrap it around your stash of Benjamin Franklins.
7. A candle dewobbler. Is your lovely candle wobbling in the candle holder? Just put a rubber band around the base and it will fit nice and snug.
8. A remote control saver. Wrap a big rubber band around the top and bottom of a remote to protect it from a fall so it won’t scratch the coffee table.
9. An Easter-egg decorator. Just wrap rubber bands in different directions around the eggs before dunking them in egg dye. Cool patterns will appear.
10. A liquid economizer. Wasting precious soap, detergent or lotion? Wrap a rubber band tightly around the neck of the dispensing pump to limit how each “squirt.”
11. A finger exerciser. Bunch all of your fingers together and place them through the center of a rubber band, one with a lot of tension. Next, spread your fingers and let them contract. Now, repeat.
12. A liquid marker. Put rubber bands around paint, turpentine, and cleaning fluid cans to determine fluid levels. Move them down the can as you use more.
13. A sliced apple keeper. A rubber band wrapped around the apple slices will hold it all together and stop the wedges from yellowing or drying out.
14. A slingshot. You know how to make it work, I won't spell it out. But it’s great for catapulting small objects.
15. A stress reliever. Make a ball from lots of rubber bands. You can squeeze them when you're feeling stressed, and it's cheaper than an off-the-shelf ball.
16. Keep ribbons from unspooling
17. Use to power toys, such as airplanes, without electricity.
18. Keep wax from dripping out of a candle.
19. Make designs on clothes
20. Melt down into glue
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
I do it silently. Hang the bands on my index fingers. Slide my thumbs into the bands and stretch them a bit. Bounce them together. On the third bounce, I do the linking move. Feign surprise that they linked. Pull and twist a time or two, then separate. Hand them out for inspection.

I got a great response with this on a ferry in Venice, Italy. The only thing I can say in Italian is "pizza".
theconjuror
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of theconjuror
I perform it by: Unlinkign them in my hand myself (the usual routine), Doing it again, then doing it with the spectator holding one of the bands..
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Nike says, Just do it. And look at their success.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Crazy Man's Handcuffs (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL