The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Calling All Beatles Fans! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
...do you think there is any credence in the theory that beatlemania was encouraged by the powers that be in the states as a useful propaganda tool, in a culture where talented black artists were hounded by the authoritees and then director of the CIA was extremely paranoid about a black uprising led by the panther movement?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I believe so Mr. Smith. I also think that Chuck Manson was absolutely correct in his translation of the White Album...White Album....used to start the world wide war that would bring the Panthers to the top of the leadership until Manson and his family would arise from the caverns and take over the world. The entire Beatle thing was a ruse. Let us look at the facts, they did one little tiny tour that played in Shea Stadium and ended in Candle Stick Park. The color of the caps of the Mets who played in Shea were blue, the Giants played in Candle Stick and they wore black hats, black and blue, the accepted color of a beating, who would give the beating? The Beat-les, les being French for The, so they were really named The Beat-ers. Real bands tour, the Beatles didn't... so not only did they try to start a race war, caused the deaths of Sharon Tate and others, they were posers! But beyond all that, worse of all, Yoko....what up wid dat?
smithpaul60
View Profile
Veteran user
South Carolina
301 Posts

Profile of smithpaul60
The walrus is Paul.
Genuis@work

We're trying to adopt. Visit us HERE
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Daed si Luap.
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Quote:
On 2007-10-15 21:44, MagicSanta wrote:
I believe so Mr. Smith. I also think that Chuck Manson was absolutely correct in his translation of the White Album...White Album....used to start the world wide war that would bring the Panthers to the top of the leadership until Manson and his family would arise from the caverns and take over the world. The entire Beatle thing was a ruse. Let us look at the facts, they did one little tiny tour that played in Shea Stadium and ended in Candle Stick Park. The color of the caps of the Mets who played in Shea were blue, the Giants played in Candle Stick and they wore black hats, black and blue, the accepted color of a beating, who would give the beating? The Beat-les, les being French for The, so they were really named The Beat-ers. Real bands tour, the Beatles didn't... so not only did they try to start a race war, caused the deaths of Sharon Tate and others, they were posers! But beyond all that, worse of all, Yoko....what up wid dat?

...then when the little moptops started forming opinions and vocalising them, you all burned their records.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Um, Didn't burn mine. I understood what John was trying to say.

"Jesus is all right, but his followers are thick and slow."

Didn't exactly do very much to prove him wrong, did they?
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Where the heck did that come from Mandrake?
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Across the Universe was OK. It made a better trailer than a movie, in my opinion. Some of the musical renditions were great (for example, Dear Prudence, Across the Universe, Girl, I've Just Seen a Face, Revolution), but the story felt a little weak.

Too many characters, I thought. Prudence had no good reason to be in the movie at all (other than to offer the sweet Dear Prudence scene). I did love the "I Want You (She's So Heavy) scene, but the movie on a whole felt like an excuse to put a bunch of Beatles music together and film something pretty.

Cinematically: Very, very good.
Music: Generally very good.
Story: Mm...not so much.

In terms of the all-powerful Beatles, they're awesome. I would refer anyone who thinks they were only capable of pop tunes to the album "Abbey Road."

Favorite Songs?
-Fool on the Hill (#1)
-I've Just Seen a Face
-A Day in the Life
-Hey Bulldog
-All the other ones they did
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Abby Road was the only album of theirs I listened to back then. Pop music! Wait...just how great would those wretched mop tops had Ozzie Osbourne as lead singer rather than the others? I Want To Hold Your Hand done to the tune of Iron Man rocks!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2007-10-16 12:37, MagicSanta wrote:
Where the heck did that come from Mandrake?

Corona Smith posted that when the "moptops" started vocalizing opinions, we started burning Beatle records. The opinion that set of the mass burning/boycott of the Beatles was John's "We're more popular than Jesus." A later quote in the same interview was John saying; "Jesus was all right, but his followers were thick and slow."

My thought was that people turning on the Beatles for an opinion and having mass burnings and "Beatle paraphanalia destruction centers" weren't doing a lot to prove John's opinion off base.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2007-10-16 13:07, Andini wrote:
Across the Universe was OK. It made a better trailer than a movie, in my opinion. Some of the musical renditions were great (for example, Dear Prudence, Across the Universe, Girl, I've Just Seen a Face, Revolution), but the story felt a little weak.

Too many characters, I thought. Prudence had no good reason to be in the movie at all (other than to offer the sweet Dear Prudence scene). I did love the "I Want You (She's So Heavy) scene, but the movie on a whole felt like an excuse to put a bunch of Beatles music together and film something pretty.

Cinematically: Very, very good.
Music: Generally very good.
Story: Mm...not so much.

In terms of the all-powerful Beatles, they're awesome. I would refer anyone who thinks they were only capable of pop tunes to the album "Abbey Road."

Favorite Songs?
-Fool on the Hill (#1)
-I've Just Seen a Face
-A Day in the Life
-Hey Bulldog
-All the other ones they did

I think the question would have to be; was it better than "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"? The film with the Bee Gees, not the album.
Steve Haffner
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
108 Posts

Profile of Steve Haffner
Wow, there are some very interesting posts about the Beatles in this thread. I am a big fan of the Beatles, warts and all, and cannot see how anyone can objectively say they created nothing more than pop music.

Since I am working on a Beatles routine, I found the following Beatles/magic connections (some of which I originally discovered on the Café):

- Ringo called the Beatles relationship with each other "magical telepathy"

- One of the working titles for the album Revolver was "Magical Circles". The title the Beatles finally decided they wanted for that album - until they found out that another band had used it - was "Abracadabra"

- 3 years after John's infamous "we're more popular than Jesus" interview, Ringo appeared in the film "the Magic Christian"

- The act following the Beatles on their first Ed Sullivan appearance was Fred Kaps. The act preceding their final appearance was Fantasio.

- In an open letter to the New York Times in 1979 written by John and Yoko, they said: "Magic is simple. Magic is real. The secret is to know that it is simple. Magic is logical. Try it sometime."

My favorite Beatles songs (because I love the melodies and harmonies):
Help!
I Feel Fine
Hey Jude
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Do you think after fifty years Paul could get a different hair cut?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Calling All Beatles Fans! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL