The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Preview by Lee Asher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
THE PREVIEW BY LEE ASHER

Effect: A collection of 5 effects, one from each of his ebooks. This is sort of a sampler of each ebook.

Review: I have always liked Lee Asher's magic. His card effects are wacky and the metyhod are often even wackier. The material in this book is no exception.

Preview by Lee Asher takes 5 effects from his other books Thinking Out Loud, Hand Jobs, Sex Sells, Le Asher, and Pulp Friction. They are all card effects, and range from being surprisingly easy from being super difficult.

The ebook is laid out very well, and very professionally with clear photos for each effect present. I wouldn't expect any less from Lee asher anyway! The ebook is about 18 pages long and each effect is described very clearly. The photos also help a great deal.

Now, the five effects present in THE PREVIEW by Lee Asher.

Tres Pass: A card control to really fool magicians and laypeople alike. It's not exactly a Pass but it accomplishes the same thing and is a good component to an Ambitious Cards routine in my opinion. The method to this is extremely off-the-wall and wacky. It's so clever, you will laugh out loud when you learn this. And by the way, this is also a real magician fooler. I use it as a Bluff Pass all the time. *****

BS Control: I like the thinking behind this. It is a way of controlling a number of cards in a neat, clever manner. Unfortunately I may never use this, but it really has potential to end up in someone's act. ***

Making Ripples: This is probably my favourite little effect present in this ebook. Basically, for the finale to am Ambitious Card routine, you let the spectators SEE their card come to the top, making ripples in the deck as it quickly and visually climbs to the top. Many will favour Lee Asher's second handling to this. This is a very clever and easy to do move that may end up as your new ACR closer. ****

Touche is What You Say: This is just a neat effect where a selected card ends up at the number of cards the spectator wishes to cut off the deck. This is a long, complex routine but is very nice, especially for formal close-up work. Definitely a very clever impromptu card magic piece. ****

Slap That Ace: The demo had me floored for this one, and it is the reason I bought the ebook. It is definitely the most difficult effect in the book and will take a lot of practice to get down to a decent performance. After the spectator attempts to cut to the four aces and fails leaving four random cards, the magician immediately scoops them up and throws them down onto the deck. With an audible slap the four cards are seen tyo transform into the four aces! if you see the demo on Lee Asher's demo, you will agreee when I say that this routine is as tough as it looks. The move needed will take some time to get used to as well, but after a fair bit of practice you should be able to nail it. It is very visual and a true stunner indeed. ****

The material in this ebbok is definitely not for beginners, and I predict many of you intermediate card worker's may have a bit of trouble at first as well. The easiest stuff is definitely Tres Pass and Making Ripples while the most difficult effect is undoubtedly Slap That Ace.

Overall, I give this ebook an 8/10. Lee Asher gives a fine sample of his ebooks, and I predict you will buy at least one ebook due to the single effect present. Definitely recommended for those serious, off-the-wall card workers.

Michael Kras
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
257 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Thanks for the review. I just saw Slap the Ace and it looks like it would be difficult
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Oh. it is very difficult!
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
257 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Yes looks like it will take time to master
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Yes, but you'll also find a lot of easy and just plain fun stuff in his notes too. I recommend them for people of all cardwork skill levels, each set of notes contains something for everyone.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Slap That Ace is fun.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Preview by Lee Asher (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL