The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review request : Royal Random Time Piece watch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Time-Machine-Men......0%3A1318

$24.99 on Ebay right now...

I used to have one, and they do function like the Time Machine (well, at least the one I had did.)

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I just got 4 of these, 2 each of the black and brown with the round faces. I love this style to wear. My favorite is the black and gold one with the black leather band. It looks real nice. I like this to wear every day, and I am going to! It is cheap enough to wear as a regular watch, as I buy what I call "disposable" watches for $10-$20 at the drug stores anyway.

Now with the black one I opened, you do not have to turn it upside down! You place it flat on your fingertips! That is what this one does. Then I can show it and turn my hand around to show it , and then I would be in a position to do that "touch" move as I turn it around to hand it out. Which I do not see as necessary. But laying flat on your fingers, the move can be imperceptible, as they see the time before you do the move.

My only problem, is I don't have the necessary patter to keep it interesting. But if you read the instructions, it states as you get the feel and handling for your special watch you will get better and better with each performance...

Which amounts to practice, rehearsal and scripting: what you should do with any effect.

I saw Bob King first do this years ago with a Time Machine, and of course his presentation was excellent.

I just opened a brown one, and it will stop when put flat also. You don't even have to put it in your palm. Just hold the top and grab the bottom of the band with the other hand to turn it flat, and turn it around to show it. There is so much time to do the move. For the price, and a little practice and presentation, this is very well worth it if you get it on sale.

You can even lay it on the table and it will stop, let them see, then turn it around and do the secret move! So just holding the top, you can lay it flat on the table and it will work. They can see it stopped(well they never knew it was not stopped!), so say, "let me turn that around so you can see it better", and do the move!
This is a keeper.

ACE, the stickman, Smile
50 different sticks:
http://s474.photobucket.com/albums/rr110......lideshow
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2430 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On 2008-12-16 23:41, Acecardician wrote:

Now with the black one I opened, you do not have to turn it upside down! You place it flat on your fingertips! That is what this one does. Then I can show it and turn my hand around to show it , and then I would be in a position to do that "touch" move as I turn it around to hand it out. Which I do not see as necessary. But laying flat on your fingers, the move can be imperceptible, as they see the time before you do the move.

On the one I had, the slightest tilt when it laid on my fingertips and the watch continued to run...
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Quote:
On 2008-12-23 19:31, goldeneye007 wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-12-16 23:41, Acecardician wrote:

On the one I had, the slightest tilt when it laid on my fingertips and the watch continued to run...

I will try to explain again...with the black one I am using, once I lay it on my fingers, I tilt it BACK so they can see it(but not quite upside down), then do the "MOVE" which locks it at the time so it will not move any more. I do this as I am turning it around to show the watch to them, they already see it stopped, then as I turn it around, the big movement covers the little movement.
Mine has never started running again. Especially after you do "move", that locks it.
I like this better than the time machine. You have to hold the time machine at that unnatural angle.

ACE
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2430 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Oh... thanks for the precision Ace... maybe I'll give it another try! Smile
feifei
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
186 Posts

Profile of feifei
Thanks for all your comments.

I saw one of the Royal random Time Piece Majestic style selling on a site, the usual price was like $129 and the site was selling it at half the price, and when I ask them about the watch, the price dropped even further to half of the discounted! ... very tempting which made me almost made my order. Surprisingly they discounted it so much, so it must really been unpopular and the shop wanted to get rid of it faster.

I guess I'll keep my money for the moment. Glad I checked out magiccafe first Smile
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2430 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Well... to be honest I purchased another one for a friend recently (from magic4less.com) and the watch is really working fine...

The first I had had to be turned upside down to reveal the time, but the new one I received works pretty well! Plus the looks of the watch is really nice (I mean the majestic style watch). And it's more practical than the usual time machine watch because the stem is a little lower than usual... if you see what I mean... which makes it easier to do the move in one motion and invisibly! In fact in does what the classic time machine watch does and it has other features (at least the last one I received has).

I guess it really depends on the watch you receive. The one I received simply is really good (I won't say perfect because I still prefer the Perfect Time III by Vikingmagic...). I finally kept it because it was supposed to be a present for a friend, but I sadly only received the watch after Christmas, so I made my friend another present... I'm eventually quite happy actually and wear the watch everyday! Smile
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
The handling with the instructions are good, but here is my handling:

My Royal Random Time Piece Routine, By JOJO Strauch

Take off your watch and ask the spectator to think of some time that is significant in their life. Pretend to set the watch by pulling out the stem and it will start rotating on its own. You can pretend to twist the stem to set the time. Then hold the watch in the right hand by the of the band on it’s clasp so it is hanging down facing you.
Ask them the time they selected. If they named a time just past, you have about one minute and 10 seconds to patter. (The watch rotates the whole 24 hours in about a minute and 10 seconds.) Usually it is shorter, so memorize at least a minute of talk about time and space or what have you, you can Google for scientific information to talk about.
I ask them what is the significance of the time they picked. Use whatever story telling skills you have. And let them talk, usually that will take up the time, or tell a story, it’s up to you.

Ok, here is how I stop it. Once it is within a few seconds of their time (I find 5 seconds is good on mine, as it still spins until I stop it.) Then I drape or lay the watch on my flat left hand palm, which is facing up flat. That stops the watch. Experiment to see how far back to have to tilt the watch as every one is a little different. With a little practice you can get it to stop right on the time they said. I tilt my left hand back to them so they can see the time, and it is an awkward position, so I turn my whole arm, hand, and body around, and at this time the fleshing part of your middle finger near the base of my palm, which should be near the stem squeezes in and closes the stem. Do it while you are moving and the big movement hides the small movement. No one has ever seen me do it. Now the watch is locked into that time. Since they have already seen their time, they relax and are not paying attention too closing to what you are doing. Then you can lift the watch back up and hand it to them.

If you go a minute or two past their time, of course you can use the “experiment” patter and how mentalism is not an exact science. With practice I found I can hit it pretty exact.

If it does not start spinning when you open then stem, gently pull it out a little more, I do it by sticking my thumbnail in between the stem and the watch. DON’T pull the stem too hard. I ruined another watch I had by doing that. Gentle works.

Like I said, I wear mine as an everyday watch, because I like the style, and I always have an effect to perform.

Let me know if you have any questions. I really really like my watch!

Joe(JOJO)Strauch
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2430 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Thanks for sharing!
DMac4
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of DMac4
Anyone know eher I can get a Random Royal or Time Machine watch repaired?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review request : Royal Random Time Piece watch (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL