The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Holy Grail (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Anyone received theirs yet?
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I just received an email today(1/31/08) from Steven's Magic advertising the Holy Grail:
http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=9881

ACE
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
This has been a problem for me with several magic dealers. basiclly if murphy's or some distribitor list a item, whiether they have it now or not for 3 months, the shops list them as new items. iv order these types of items and without ever tell me waited months before they ever got the item. this has happened at several shops
sickmagic
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of sickmagic
I might be wrong here, however I believe that is the reason Blacks offered it direct from there site once they received them. It was only for people on the mailing list so there was no confusion, however it seems that there was confusion on the other end and that is how they ended up be advertised in other places. It is a great effort on blacks part and I think this is the way it should be done in the future.

SickMagic
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
People who placed orders should start receiving these. A buddy of mine called me today saying he got it.
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Waiting by the mail box all day...

ACE
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Got mine today. I'll post a small review as soon as I've had a chance to play with it.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Just got it also, will also post a review later.

ACE
marco1
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of marco1
Got mine today... after much salivating. (... no, nothing to do with saliva)
Will also post a review after playing with it.

Marco1
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
After watching this, it works something like I thought, but better.
I can't wait to make this up.
I wished I had time to do it before the IBM meeting tonight. I might save it for SAM, and the magician of the year contest.
I'm pretty sure I'm the first if not the only one in my area to get it.
I think it will blow them away.
And I don't work for magicians. But I think this would be good for them.
The DVD explanation is very clear. He goes into very good detail. Even reviews any "moves" you might do before and after the effect.
But the actual torn and restored part of the effect itself is so clean. No "moves". None of the palming of extra pieces. The tearing and restoring is straght forward and to the point.
This is really a plus in my book. The actual tearing and restoring of one single card, with no extra pieces.
Once you actually make it, I believe it will take just a small amount of effort to make this up to perform for walk around. But the effect, in my mind, is worth it.
I think it's a "worker".
I can't wait to put it together and try it.
I'll post again after I make it up and perform it in a few shows. I'll let you know lay audiences reaction.
If you are going to do a torn and restored card, then I would say this is worth getting.

ACE
Nat
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Nat
I agree. I just watched the video and it is one of the best methods I have seen. And there are two or three variations included; the advance level presentation is extremely effective. You wont be disappointed.

Quote:
On 2008-02-01 20:23, Acecardician wrote:
I wished I had time to do it before the IBM meeting tonight. I might save it for SAM, and the magician of the year contest.
The DVD explanation is very clear. He goes into very good detail. Even reviews any "moves" you might do before and after the effect.
But the actual torn and restored part of the effect itself is so clean. No "moves". None of the palming of extra pieces. The tearing and restoring is straght forward and to the point.
This is really a plus in my book. The actual tearing and restoring of one single card, with no extra pieces.
Once you actually make it, I believe it will take just a small amount of effort to make this up to perform for walk around. But the effect, in my mind, is worth it.
I think it's a "worker".
I'll post again after I make it up and perform it in a few shows. I'll let you know lay audiences reaction.
If you are going to do a torn and restored card, then I would say this is worth getting.

ACE
fcchief
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of fcchief
For those that ordered this and have played with it, how does it compare with TnR from Theory11? I don't want particulars, I already have TnR but am not happy with it if this is a cleaner effect I will definitely be putting this on my list. Thanks
baou1986
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of baou1986
Quote:
On 2008-02-01 20:23, Acecardician wrote:
I think it's a "worker".

ACE

Thank you your review.
I would like to know the final part,is it need go back to deck,and switch it?
marco1
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of marco1
I've viewed the DVD — but so far I have not seen how NOT to go back to the deck for the final part!
I thought that part was worked out and would be explained on the DVD or a purchaser's forum. Can't find either!!

Marco1
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
We are working on getting the private forum up on the site so it will be a few days but it will be there.
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
For anyone wanting to read more reviews from customers go to http://www.blacksmagicgroup.com/forums and scroll down to product reviews and there is a very in depth review on there.
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
477 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
I also posted the same review here.

Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
Alternative handling can be found at our forums. You'll need the DVD to locate the password. Just head on over to http://www.blacksmagicgroup.com/forum and it's near the top.
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
[/quote]

Thank you your review.
I would like to know the final part,is it need go back to deck,and switch it?
[/quote]

Rather than talking (and asking) about methods in a public forum. I would suggest, if you have purchased it, that you go to the member's forum at our site.
dreamadream99
View Profile
Regular user
Central Alberta, Canada
137 Posts

Profile of dreamadream99
I am sad. I just tried to order this from the blacksmagic site, and evidently they do not have a shipping method for my Canadian address. May I recommend USPS airmail parcel post?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Holy Grail (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL