The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2007 entrée: Andrew Mayne » » What do you do? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

elliotcarver
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of elliotcarver
Hi Andrew.
You do magic for living but what precisely do you do?W
Do you do walkaround, table-hopping?

Thanks
Elliot Carver
andrewmayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
142 Posts

Profile of andrewmayne
I started my career as an illusionist (although I did walkaround). As a teenager I mainly worked cruise ships and got into resorts in my early 20's. I would do close-up on the side and for fun as well as part of my stage show when I was in a room with a projection system.

In my mid-twenties I quit performing. It was really an odd time to do it professionally because I'd reached a certain inertia and was getting repeat bookings from cruise lines and resorts that would have kept me busy year round. I wasn't really happy with the "showroom" kind of environment and all the sequins. If I were a more clever performer I'm sure I would have found a way to make it work for me, but I couldn't.

So I dropped out and started working creatively for other magicians developing effects, routining etc. I got involved in TV and film and started doing things in that area while I built up my magic publishing company.

Today I do a few different things, but I don't perform shows anymore in any serious capactiy. Most of the magic I put out is stuff I develop for friends or use personally.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2007 entrée: Andrew Mayne » » What do you do? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL