The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Making your own sponges (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
So what would be the tricks to cutting a round shape? Finn Jon said he made his tennis balls by hand cutting and anyone could do it. However I think he left the final clean up method out.

Someone mentioned to dye the sponge. What dyes work best?

Someone mentioned balls at dollar stores. Which chains did you find them in?

Thanks
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
So what would be the tricks to cutting a round shape? Finn Jon said he made his tennis balls by hand cutting and anyone could do it. However I think he left the final clean up method out.

Someone mentioned to dye the sponge. What dyes work best?

Someone mentioned balls at dollar stores. Which changes did you find them in?

Thanks
ncarifo
View Profile
New user
Burbank, California
56 Posts

Profile of ncarifo
I agree with the above posters about the quality of Eddie Ace's magic sponges. He does not do high quantities due to each product is handmade by Eddie. And each is a work of art, and they last a lifetime with care. My favorite is his multiplying teddy bears. Eddie originated the 3D multiplying sponge rabbits that have recently popped up being mass produced by other companies in the past few years. Eddie has been carving them by hand for magic's top pros for the past 30 years or more.

You can usually run into Eddie "ACE" Pacacha, from Pittsburgh, at the Columbus Ohio Magi Fest in February and the Intl Battle of Magicians convention in Cantion Ohio in may. Either as a dealer or an attendee. He will always have samples on him.

Also, you can regulary find him at the Mystic Magicians SAM 1157 meeting in Beaver, PA and the SAM 18 meeting in Pittsburgh, PA monthly.

His contact info in the post above is correct, no email, just telephone. His products can be purchased or ordered directly from him at that number.

Also, some of his products are available from The Cuckoos Nest magic shop in Pittsburgh, Eddie's hometown. You might check with them for pictures:

http://www.thecuckoosnest.com
-----------------------------------------
Nicholas Carifo
Modern Magician Productions
nicholas@modernmagician.com
www.modernmagician.com
gordieo
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of gordieo
I have been looking for a sponge dragon dose anyone know if Eddie Ace makes one I tryed calling but got no answer dose he have is own website?
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Goshman sponge is the best.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Making your own sponges (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL