The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Juan Tamariz (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
This guy ALWAYS fools me BADLY!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaOmjJToBM4
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Juan fools a lot of people. He made a monkey out of me doing Ambitious Card. I was watching him like a hawk. Waiting for the DL's passes, etc. Never caught a single one. Blew me away. He laughed put the deck on the table and walked away laughing his head off. Finally upon examining the deck it was discovered it was a Svengali deck. (And I always swore no one could ever fool me with one of those). Juan is quite the entertainer and magician, and has a wicked sense of humor when it comes to duping magi.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Very skilfull guy, would recommend nmemonica.
mescalito
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Great story, lol
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I remember jamming with Juan at a recent Canadian convention with about 10 other magicians. Lucky us, he showed us some never-before-seen card stuff that drove me nuts for days after.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

If Tamariz doesn't fool you, you'e not payng attention.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wanna bet?

Did that monte routine really fool you?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

With not much knowledge on the Three Card Monte concept, yes, I will be honest and say he fooled me badly with that.
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 16:46, photius wrote:
Juan fools a lot of people. He made a monkey out of me doing Ambitious Card. I was watching him like a hawk. Waiting for the DL's passes, etc. Never caught a single one. Blew me away. He laughed put the deck on the table and walked away laughing his head off. Finally upon examining the deck it was discovered it was a Svengali deck. (And I always swore no one could ever fool me with one of those). Juan is quite the entertainer and magician, and has a wicked sense of humor when it comes to duping magi.

I was with W:H and some other people, and Dick Joiner walks in and does this ambitious card routine. All of us are in wow, including W:H and then he smiles and shows us it is a Svengali!!! He then went in telling about how he buys them for $1 and sells them on Crusie Ships for 10 lol!
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Yeah, that Dick is a wacky one.

WE LOVE DICK! WE LOVE DICK!
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 18:39, Dannydoyle wrote:
Wanna bet?

Did that monte routine really fool you?

Nope the monte routine didn't fool me, I knew it, but Juan is a great one to fool his fellow magi and has a wicked sense of humor about doing it.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Did that monte routine fool me?

No.

Did I learn a lot from watching it?

Yes.

Has he fooled me with anything else?

Yes. Badly. I was in charge of running the main camera for one of his shows, and had to abandon my post because I HAD to watch live. I got ROCKED. And bad.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
That's the difference between a magician and an entertainer!!! VERY good...

-Steve
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Well the Monte fooled the heck out of me....Smile The guy is very good and a real master of his craft. Exceptional, I'd say.

Does he teach the Monte effect? I'd like ot learn it. The last part with the 2 cards fooled me badly. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Four (borrowed) deck Oil & Water anyone?
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
381 Posts

Profile of atucci
He fooled me as well but I'm not nearly as well versed as some of the individuals on this thread.

Interestingly I've begun researching the monte effect as I would like to begin performing it. My primary sources of information is Vernon's routine from his Inner Secrets book & EATCT plus I've purchased a few gaffed effects (Skinner & Bean's versions).

It appears Tamariz has created a routine that produces the same results but employs methods that are usually not associated with monte routines. Again since I'm just beginning to study monte effects it may be that I haven't yet discovered other routines that also mirror the Tamariz presentation.
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
mackinley
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of mackinley
Juan=absolutely amazing. I love this video, and as Nordatrax said, even if it didn't fool you, you can still learn a lot from it. Routine's don't have to fool you in order to teach you something.
Photius I love that little story about him using a Svengali deck, something so simple, yet you'd never suspect it.
Everyone can learn things from Juan, and one of the most important thing's that I've learned from him is that it's ok to use sneaky, underhanded, borderline sleazy techniques..if it entertains people. hahaha, not to say in anyway that Juan is sneaky, underhanded, or borderline sleazy. I cannot remember who said this, but someone told me that they were amazed at the lengths that Juan will go to to mess with one person's head. They told me some story of him having an entire room in on a trick or something...I wish I could remember it. A lot of magicians consider some techniques cheating(duplicate cards, stooges, etc), I say, heck, we're all already a community of cheaters, a little more cheat won't hurt anyone.

Juan absolutely KILLED me last summer at CAM with numerous tricks. One was an oil and water(yes, full deck...actually it was 4 full decks...yeah...they were borrowed), as well as with an inCREDIBLY simple routine with a gaff deck, so brilliantly designed so that he fooled the whole crowd WHILE he was explaining how the trick was done. Busted a deck switch on us while using teaching as misdirection. All of a sudden in the middle of explaining the trick he goes "and of course, you can let them inspect this deck" we're all like "wuhhh? I need to go to the bathroom"

This man is genius, pure genius. Everything about him is amazing. His sense of humour, skills with cards, and his entire personality make him one of the most memorable performers I could ever name.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-11-08 23:54, mackinley wrote:
Juan=absolutely amazing. I love this video, and as Nordatrax said, even if it didn't fool you, you can still learn a lot from it. Routine's don't have to fool you in order to teach you something.
Photius I love that little story about him using a Svengali deck, something so simple, yet you'd never suspect it.
Everyone can learn things from Juan, and one of the most important thing's that I've learned from him is that it's ok to use sneaky, underhanded, borderline sleazy techniques..if it entertains people. hahaha, not to say in anyway that Juan is sneaky, underhanded, or borderline sleazy. I cannot remember who said this, but someone told me that they were amazed at the lengths that Juan will go to to mess with one person's head. They told me some story of him having an entire room in on a trick or something...I wish I could remember it. A lot of magicians consider some techniques cheating(duplicate cards, stooges, etc), I say, heck, we're all already a community of cheaters, a little more cheat won't hurt anyone.

Juan absolutely KILLED me last summer at CAM with numerous tricks. One was an oil and water(yes, full deck...actually it was 4 full decks...yeah...they were borrowed), as well as with an inCREDIBLY simple routine with a gaff deck, so brilliantly designed so that he fooled the whole crowd WHILE he was explaining how the trick was done. Busted a deck switch on us while using teaching as misdirection. All of a sudden in the middle of explaining the trick he goes "and of course, you can let them inspect this deck" we're all like "wuhhh? I need to go to the bathroom"

This man is genius, pure genius. Everything about him is amazing. His sense of humour, skills with cards, and his entire personality make him one of the most memorable performers I could ever name.

Were you there are our 4AM session too????? I just wish I had some Red Bull handy so I could actually remember anything he showed us! All I remember is something about a stickman.
marcjh
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
139 Posts

Profile of marcjh
Quote:
On 2007-10-28 22:19, Mb217 wrote:
Well the Monte fooled the heck out of me....Smile The guy is very good and a real master of his craft. Exceptional, I'd say.

Does he teach the Monte effect? I'd like ot learn it. The last part with the 2 cards fooled me badly. Smile

He teaches the effect on his video from Steven's Magic.

With the re-release of the 'Five Points in Magic,' Senior Tamariz should do a multi-city tour of the U.S. Or better, just spend many days here in Los Angeles teaching and performing!
Alvin Martinez
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Alvin Martinez
Mr. Tamariz is a monster his sense of humor is awesome.
you guys have to check out his cards across routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Juan Tamariz (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL