The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Born To Perform Card Magic with Oz Pearlman (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicianDM
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of MagicianDM
Born To Perform Card Magic with Oz Pearlman

Well this is the best DVD on card magic for anyone who is new to card magic or intermediate.

It teaches EVERY sleight you need to know as a intermediate/beginner card magician.

DVD 10/10

I got this along with some other stuff for my birthday. The DVD cover tells you what the DVD is about. By the way, I got this DVD when I knew most of the sleights, and I wanted to learn them officially and check that Im doing them right.
I also found out heaps of new controls, palm method, some false cuts, flourishy looking cuts, Ultimate Transpo, some Ambitious Card moves and how to dribble cards correctly, along with heaps of stuff.

Teaching 11/10

WOW! Oz's usual teaching! Awesome! He starts off talking about this DVD and driving to Las Vegas. There he shows some of the routines you will learn on the DVD - his version of

2 Card Monte
Biddle Trick (best version of this trick)
Ambitious Card including Card to Mouth, and the bent Card move explained.
Ultimate Transpo
All of those tricks involve the audience, the magic happens right in their hands, stunningly visual magic guaranteed. I perform those routines all the time, along with my massive list of impropmptu tricks that I know. =D

On the Menu you can choose whatever you want to view. For example select one of those when you click Fundamentals:

Mechanic's Grip
Biddle Grip
Pinky Break
Thumb Break
Dribble to Secure a Break
Swing Cut
Swivel Cut
Double Lift
Top Palm

Click one - it will have a small performace of the sleight, then a very detailed and perfect instruction by Oz Pearlman.

Controls are:

Classic Pass
Hindu Shuffle Pass
Double Undercut
One Handed Top Palm
Elmsley Count
Spread Cull
Swing Swivel Cut

Forces taught:

Hindu Shuffle
Riffle Shuffle

Now some easy Flourishes:

2 Handed Thumb Fan
Le Paul Spread
Springing the Cards
Erdnase Color Change
One Handed Thumb Fan
Hot Shot Cut
Pendulum Cut
Trinary Cut

The length is about 104 minutes! What more could you want!
After learning stuff on this DVD, you will be able to perform heaps of card magic.

I highly recommend this. Ask anyone who has this and they will agree.

Over all:
Easy 10/10
The ultimate, most visual and practical ambitious card routine finisher - HERE!
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Man, this DVD has a lot of threads here on the Café. (I see your new, Not saying anything negative about a new thread, Just letting you know. Welcome to the Café by the way!!)

Here is a link to another thread and I believe inside the thread are even more links.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=111

I got this DVD quite a while ago and I agree completely with your post MagcianDM.
I love this DVD and in fact just about all of Oz's stuff. Can't wait to see what his upcoming DVD is like!

All my best,
Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Oz did a fine job with this DVD. You can see how gifted his hands are. The effects he teaches ( 4 of them ) are classics.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Rampage
View Profile
New user
Florida
62 Posts

Profile of Rampage
I just got this DVD and I can definitely say this is a great DVD. I never really liked cards because it was so difficult for me to learn card tricks from a book. Maybe I'm not very good at reading and then putting what injust read into action because I'm more of a visual learner but this DVD is for me and I would recommend this to others as well. Thanks for the recommendation @Justjoshin Smile
Billybonkers
View Profile
Loyal user
Diamond Bar L.A
251 Posts

Profile of Billybonkers
Have to agree with the good reviews.

This Dvd helped me get back into magic several years ago by teaching solid, impressive caed routines which are within reach of anyone who's prepared to spend some time on them.

Recommended.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Mr. Pearlman loaded this dvd with expert teaching of techniques and picked 4 professional tricks.

1) Ultimate Transpo
2) Two Card Monte ( actually this is Eddie Fechter's 'Be Honest, what Is It" )
3) Biddle Trick
4) Ambitious Card

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/618
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
It's a Penguin cool box deal today for only $4.95:
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Apparently this is now updated and expanded. Not sure how or what is new but Oz is looking much older! Time flies!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4191
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
A classic reborn. Not just for beginners as this contains material from Oz's professional repertoire. Pros will pick up valuable tips too.

Penguin's new deal means you get both the original and new version with extra pro calibre routines.

It's an essential purchase.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Today isn't just Good Friday, it's Brilliant Friday.

I've been studying the updated dvd in more detail and it has some amazing advice that's the result of over a decade of real world performance.

This dvd is the release of the year so far.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
374 Posts

Profile of hornet
Jamie, are you able to elaborate on what's different from the original? It's not clear from the ad.
dzen871
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of dzen871
Great DVD, OZ is a great real world magic teacher!
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
374 Posts

Profile of hornet
Still not clear what's different? If you have the original, is this worth getting?
Lee Stan
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Lee Stan
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2014, hornet wrote:
Still not clear what's different? If you have the original, is this worth getting?

I've not watched it yet but I can tell you this: the updated version is 3 hours 48 mins long. It seems that an explanation for the classic pass is not taught and that the Slop shuffle was added.
wwhokie1
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
I bought the original years ago. I wouldn't say it is the best. But it is a solid option for someone getting started, or for someone looking to expand a bit past beginner. Nice dvd, one I have held on to.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
It looks like I wasn't the only one wondering how the 2013 edition differs from the updated and expanded 2013 edition:

Quote:
On Apr 16, 2014, mikenewman wrote: Apparently this is now updated and expanded. Not sure how or what is new but Oz is looking much older! Time flies!

Quote:
On Apr 19, 2014, hornet wrote: Jamie, are you able to elaborate on what's different from the original? It's not clear from the ad.

Quote:
On Apr 23, 2014, hornet wrote: Still not clear what's different? If you have the original, is this worth getting?

I bought the new edition, watched it and compared it with the old - the differences are more than I had expected. I have covered all the differences at length in my article that I've posted elsewhere on The Magic Café here:

Oz Pearlman's BORN TO PERFORM CARD MAGIC DVD - Updated/expanded version (2013) vs Original (2003)

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......c=656860

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Born To Perform Card Magic with Oz Pearlman (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL