The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Criss Angels Time Machine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I saw Criss do an effect with Flava Flav last week. And I'm about 90% sure it was the Time machine effect. Although I really did like his presentation of this effect, I didn't like that he used a stooge to borrow the watch from. Now if I am wrong on the effect then I'm sorry but I couldve swore that it was what I say it was. Anyone else saw this?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
No one saw this?
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Ya I saw this and that is what he used. I'm about 97.528492% sure that is was the time machine watch
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Chris????? Using stooges??? Naaaaaaaaaaaaw!!!! Say it ain't so. Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
LOL yeah we alwasy new he did, but this is the first time that I saw him do it with a product that I own.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Yeahhhhhhh booooooyyyyyyy.
darrylasher
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of darrylasher
The real question is... how do you feel about Montana? Smile

I live in Billings. I have spent a lot of time at Malmstrom and the Great Falls area. I can see why you hate it. I moved to Billings from Detroit 25 years ago, and I still haven't acclimated.

And, heck, he "borrows" stuff from stooges alla time.
Lord of the Dragons
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Lord of the Dragons
In my opinion, Criss Angel is a fake and a fraud. He shouldn't be doing magic if that's what he calls it. And I'm not the only one who fills this way either. Just one of the first to actually admitting it
Dave Gerin
View Profile
New user
New York/Daytona Beach
55 Posts

Profile of Dave Gerin
I saw that too. But I did like the presentation of it though.
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver- Canada
960 Posts

Profile of A.G.
The pesentation ca did was one of andrew gerards
Well then...
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
Quote:
On 2007-11-25 15:34, Lord of the Dragons wrote:
In my opinion, Criss Angel is a fake and a fraud. He shouldn't be doing magic if that's what he calls it. And I'm not the only one who fills this way either. Just one of the first to actually admitting it

A fake? A fraud? What harsh words! I can tell you for a gold plated 100% fact that A coin, placed in my left hand, does not really dissolve into nothing. Yet if you watch me place that coin in my left hand you would swear it did.

I faked it.

I place a ball under a cup, raise the cup and there are three balls.

I really didn't cause that ball to reproduce.

I'm a fraud.

As magicians we are all frauds and fakes - that's what magic is. That doesn't mean that we are bad people, we are simply entertainers. An actor who plays a doctor on television is not a real doctor. He's a fraud and there is nothing wrong with that.

What seems to bother you is that he uses a method to entertain with which you don't agree. Why is that? If he is entertaining, and I find him to be entertaining, then what is wrong with what he does?

My late mentor, Fred Donaldson once told me that I could be a magician to spectators or a magician to magicians. He strongly encouraged me to perform for spectators - not magicians.

He once asked me why should I practice for months a complicated sleight when I could buy a gaff that has the same effect. I told him that I did it for the satisfaction of doing it the 'right' way.

"Ohhh, I see, then you are doing it for YOURSELF, right?"
"Pretty much."
"Then Rik," said he, "you are indulging in magical masturbation."

Chris Angel performs for spectators and I think he does a good job of it. Fred would have approved and Fred was rarely wrong.
criverstamu09
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of criverstamu09
I tend to agree with rikbrooks on this one. Angel is simply using a different method to complete his effects. For his audience, stooges and camera tricks are just another layer of misdirection to fool the people at home. I might not perform using the same methods that Angel does, but that doesn't mean that he isn't a magician.
"Who you are moment to moment is just a story."
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2007-12-08 14:00, G.t.H. wrote:
The pesentation ca did was one of andrew gerards

Well then... was it stooged or not?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Maleficia
View Profile
Regular user
Ottawa, ON, Canada
101 Posts

Profile of Maleficia
This wouldn't be the first time Criss has used a well-known (well, well-known to us) gimmick in a demonstration. Remember his linking rings trick in one Mindfreak episode? Classic Himber ring! Stoogerific!

But I still enjoy watching... sue me. Criss Angel was one of the reasons why I got back into magic (the Prestige had a hand in that as well), because despite how he "cheats" in his effects on occasion, he's still a very good performer, and his performances are entertaining.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Copperfield used stooges for borrowed items from the audience in ring flite, eggs over head, cig thru coin, linking finger rings. I don't see anyone moaning about that. I'm not defending Criss but this hating for every little thing is a bit ridiculous.
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
People often explain that they do not like Criss Angel because laymen will demand the tricks he does on TV. I've never had anyone seriously ask me to walk on water or levitate but if they do then big deal? Just smile and show them YOUR performance.

I don't think anyone has considered how Criss Angel feels when he performs a straight jacket escape for a public event, when I'm sure EVERYONE there wants to see him levitate 10 feet or pull someone in half. If he isn't stressing over it than it's pretty stupid for anyone else to be.

If you're entertained by his show, such as I am, then watch it. If not, you're not obligated to tune in.
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-01-05 20:52, bryanlonden wrote:

If you're entertained by his show, such as I am, then watch it. If not, you're not obligated to tune in.

No one is obliged to gawk at a traffic accident either, but so many of us do. It's hard not to...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
kingjay
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of kingjay
We all need stooges.... that's IT!!! where can I buy one?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Criss Angels Time Machine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL