The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » James Swain's Novels (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Hey guys,

I would love to hear your thoughts about Mr. Swain's novels. I'm not referring to the writing style or the even the overall quality of writing, but rather, how realistic are the scams and applications discussed within?

Are the books pure fiction, contain a grain of truth, or accurate portrayals of real working scams?

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
I only read the first one--which was more than enough.
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
Stilts
View Profile
New user
Salt Lake
91 Posts

Profile of Stilts
I've read them all.

IMHO, they are very entertaining books and won't take you to long to get through. The last two "Dead Mans Poker" and "Dead Mans Bluff" were my favorites. The scams in these two cover numerous proposition bets, and a take off of the WSOP Tournament. Jim even dedicates one of the books to Steve Forte-although I cannot recall which one off the top of my head.

As far as accuracy on the scams, I'd say there is a good mix of fact and fiction. Some of the scams are right off of the headlines and you'll probably recognize them in the books, others are a bit of a stretch.

All of the books were available at my local library.
Derrick
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
I've bought a few of them, but only had time to read Dead Man's Bluff. I like the style of writing and found my self fascinated even through the ADD.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » James Swain's Novels (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL