The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » NBC's Phenomenon (1st one out) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

psychic madman
View Profile
New user
formerly Allentown, PA, now Upstate NY
19 Posts

Profile of psychic madman
Hi everyone. I just got voted off the show and heard that some people wanted to ask me some questions.
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
I'd think people would love to know what else in general you had planned for the following weeks. I never got the chance to chat much about the future of the show heading back to the hotel. It was a pleasure to see you for a bit again and perhaps once day we can hold a little world record card tossing challenge for you...

Anyhow, any memory effects or other crazy physical stunts planned if you were continuing through? Best, Rf
<BR>http://www.TheIceBreaker.com
<BR>Creator: Official Poker's Chip Tricks, Card Stunts, Shuffles & Cuts, Flourishes • Tagged • Serial Biller • This is Mentalism • Tricks to Pick Up Chicks • Blank Gag Books
magicusb
View Profile
Inner circle
1135 Posts

Profile of magicusb
Dear Jim. Thought you were excellent on the Phenomenon show and it was clear what your character was, which is not easy in the short time given. I feel the shot will help you as you will be clearly remembered as the strong personality you are.

We met recently, at a Bob Little convention I believe. I am the one that showed you the slop shuffle for a stacked deck.

I do have a question. Why did you show two traps? Why did you test one and then use a different one for the stunt that you did not test? Seemed to me this weakened the effect. Was this your choice or direction from the show?

Regards,
Dick Brooks
Houdini Museum
Scranton Pa
http://Houdini.org
Check out http://HoudiniOpoly.com

Houdini Museum Tour & Magic Show.
Only building in the world dedicated to Houdini.
http://Houdini.org
http://HoudiniDisplays.com
http://PsychicTheater.com
Scranton, Pa (570) 342-5555
"The truth shall make you free, but first it will make you angry." -Robert Ingersoll-Atheist (on the mind of Houdini when he died.)

We are thrilled we were able to bring The Grim Game to the world! Thanks TCM.
psychic madman
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

I only had three minutes and I couldn't demonstrate the big trap properly in that short period of time. Only the people that know me really know that it is REAL. Bummer!
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Congrats on making it ON the show in the first place. I can't even imagine the butterflies that must come from being on National TV! I hope you get some mileage out of all this.
Sammy J. Teague
psychic madman
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

The butterflies are definitely there, especially since the show is LIVE!
CurtWaltermire
View Profile
Special user
Curtis The Mentalist
505 Posts

Profile of CurtWaltermire
Psychic Madman,

Can you tell us a little bit about what led up to getting on the show in the first place (e.g. how you first heard about it/were contacted, the audition, etc.)? I've only seen the most recent episode; unfortunately, that was the one where you were eliminated. Not to sound too presumptuous, but I think many of us would like to know what went on "behind-the-scenes."

CW
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Welcome, Jim. Enjoy your time with us. I enjoyed your presentation on Phenom. Having to shorten it due to time constraints certainly weakened it. Too bad because I was interested in seeing what you would do next if moved on.
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Hello Jim,

Congratulations on getting to do the show, you were very good indeed.

There seems to be a good sense of bonhomie between all the contestants, I was wondering how the other performers reacted to the altercation between Jim Callahan and Cri$$ Angle?

Many thanks and best wishes,

Corona.
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
Hey Jim! Nice job and congrats for making the cut and having the nads to go on live national television! I wish they would have given the contestants more time to explain their premise as it was hard for a lot of my friends to connect the animal trap to the name revelation.

I don't want to speak for you, but I told them that I believe it was the idea that when your body is put under duress or trama, you have kind of an out of body experience that gives you the ability to get inside the minds of others. Am I close? Because I like that premise.

I've also used a trap during my pulse stop routine, with the idea that by stopping my pulse and entering that state, that I don't feel anything. It goes over well, but I still hate sticking my hand in that *** thing! Smile

I hope that your time on the show really helps you get where you want to go! Smile
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.jamesanthonymagic.com
Blackchains
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Blackchains
Good try, wish it had been me!!
Adam Teece
View Profile
New user
Lehigh Acres, FL
52 Posts

Profile of Adam Teece
Good job on the show. Wish I could have seen more of your magical feats.
CurtWaltermire
View Profile
Special user
Curtis The Mentalist
505 Posts

Profile of CurtWaltermire
Do you suppose that the "madman" has become so inundated with work now that he hasn't been able to make it back?

Or has he just...disappeared??
fuzzysponges
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of fuzzysponges
What are you thoughts on what you decided to wear? I mean it was national TV.
psychic madman
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

That's what I wear at all of my shows, unless it's a corporate presentation, then I wear a suit with my red sneaks. Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I really appreciate it.
fuzzysponges
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of fuzzysponges
I can certainly see how it wouldn't be more important than a corporate gig.
abercrombe
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of abercrombe
Saw your act and I too thought the use of two traps and only one tested weakened the effect and that guy Ross totally freaking out was a distraction. Having said that, they gave you difficult time constraints, a tuff enviroment and I think you dealt with it very well. I beieve the networks will sacrifice performers for ratings. I do envy you for the courage you showed for performing for the millions of people watching you. Good show
Abercrombe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » NBC's Phenomenon (1st one out) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL