The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Reed Switch inquiry (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
702 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
Hi
Does anyone have a source for purchasing a highly sensitive but small reed, or as I believe it's called: proximity switch?
One that can be hidden in the cuff of my jacket and register from about 4 inches away from a rare earth metal.
Thanks in advance.
Franklin - The Paranormalist
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
Have you tried the company Edmunds Scientific? I believe I spelled Edmunds correctly here. I did not check them for this but in the past for technical devices, I have found them reliable, economical and very complete.

I imagine they are online, if you check a search engine. Another couple companies that sell electronic components are "Mouser" and MCM. You might check them too.
quack
Jerry Hornak
View Profile
Regular user
Northwest Connecticut
132 Posts

Profile of Jerry Hornak
Radio Shack used to carry very small reed switches sealed in a glass tube. Now all they have are the ones used for security to protect your doors and windows. Some stores might still have a few on the rack with the other switches.

I have their catalog and they list a normally closed, mini-magnetic switch for small windows. Stop in and check it out. It's part # 49-497 and goes for $5.

Franklin,

Check out http://www.allelectronics.com and do a search on just the word, reed. Otherwise, you'll get 9 pages of switches!

Cat. #RSW-24 looks promising & like the one they used to carry at RS. Cheap at only 50 cents, too!

Hope this helps!
Making Happy Memories for Children since 1980!
https://JerrysMagic.com
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
702 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
Thanks Jerry
I've sent off for some RS-24's, I can only give them a try.

Franklin - The Paranormalist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Reed Switch inquiry (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL