The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » How to negotiate to a page beyond 3 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mindshrink
View Profile
Special user
Delhi,India
916 Posts

Profile of mindshrink
If go to penny for ur thoughts and you see page 1~2~3~........296~297~298.(Next)
I wold like to go to page 35 or 40,short of clicking next,I see no way of reaching there fast.
I have found a wealth of information in earlier posts by the experts( 2002, 2003) and most of the latest/recent posts have been dealt with earlier.The problem is negotiating to that page.Thanks for the help or just PM me.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
It's a little confusing but simple once you get the hang of it. Let's say you are on page 4 and you want to go to page 50. Multiply 49 x 30 (30 posts per page). That would be 1470. In your address bar at the top of the page, you'll see the number 90. Change that to 1470 and submit. There you are on page 50. Say you want to go back to page 30. Multiply 29 x 30 and change the number to 870. Now you are on page 30.

It's not pretty but it's the best we have.
Where the magic begins
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Dave,

that's probably the best most sites have. You've just saved me a stack of time on this forum and others with this tip.

You've also probably reduced the national incidences of RSI by 50% in one fell swoop.

Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » How to negotiate to a page beyond 3 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL