The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Mark Wilson's son, Greg (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
Mark was the first magician that I truly idolized… His course in magic was my first investment in a serious magic book. I still have the original sponge balls (or squares) that came with it. While visiting a Magic Shop today, I discovered a used Genii magazine with Mark and Nani on the cover (VOL 40 # 3, MAR 1976), I had to buy it. I spent lunch reading it… what great memories it brought back.
Thanks,
Bruce
Xaa
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Xaa
Updating this old thread with newer information for those interested, Mark Wilson's son Greg has a website:

http://www.gregwilson.com/Home.html
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - Albert Einstein, What I Believe (1930)
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
I met Mark and Nani at the MCW in Chicago back in May 2012. I had the opportunity to sit and chat with him and Nani for a bit and it was wonderful. A conversation with one of your childhood heroes is quite a strange experience. Years ago I remember reading that his son Greg was touring with an illusion show and that he had married an attractive Russian woman who was assisting him. Don't know how that played out.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Greg is on Fool Penn & Teller tonight. He has turned into a wonderful performer, and like his family is a really nice guy.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Xaa
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Xaa
The "Fool Us" appearance was great and the warm reception and surprises were wonderful. It can still be seen (at this writing) on the CW website as well as on Hulu.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - Albert Einstein, What I Believe (1930)
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2015, Pete Biro wrote:
Greg is on Fool Penn & Teller tonight. He has turned into a wonderful performer, and like his family is a really nice guy.

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/penn-teller-fool-us/

Loved that ending to the wonderful Excalibur illusion, with Mark and Nani's surprise appearance from the cabinet. I'm sure the lay audience (in studio and at home) enjoyed the illusion, but unless they were of a certain age probably had no idea who these mysterious people were, but it was a great moment for magicians watching .

mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Greg Wilson is, in my personal experience, every bit the showman that his father and mother were/are. (With Nani, perhaps "showman" isn't the correct word, but I can't find a way to form that sentence without making it every bit as clunky as this parenthesis is.) He has some strong ideas of how to advance magic not only as an experience, but in its revitalization to the masses. The only problem I can see, is that he's experiencing such success as a performer now, that he would have to be three people with unlimited time and energy for the next 20 years.

*jeep! and God Bless! (Thanks, Red!)
---Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
danaruns
View Profile
Special user
The City of Angels
808 Posts

Profile of danaruns
Wonderful to come across this old thread. Mark, Nani and Greg Wilson are some of the finest human beings on the planet, completely apart from their substantial influence on magic and on me. I have taken magic classes from Mark and Nani at the Magic Castle, and I have to admit that Mark has been a gigantic influence on me. Greg has also been an occasional mentor to me, giving me all the little tips that can only be gotten from someone who is truly an expert in the craft. I don't think that the depth and breadth of Greg's knowledge and skill is anywhere near appreciated enough. Greg is still very active in magic, doing quite a bit of corporate work in addition to many other things. He's a busy guy, very in demand.

I loved seeing this thread. I consider the Wilsons the "first family of magic." And they are all such wonderful, kind, generous people that just by being on the planet they make it a better place. Also, as can be seen by reading this thread, they have had a deep and fundamental effect on the lives of many, many magicians. Loved reading this. Smile

--Dana
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
A delightful thread to read through in entirety - thanks to all the contributors.

To make matters more confusing, is magician Gregory Wilson (i.e. not Mark's son) ever referred to with the shorter form Greg? Or only and always with the full "Gregory"?

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I seem to recall coming across occasional references to him as "Greg" as well.
Ubernutz
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Ubernutz
Mark does a course at the Magic Castle, he's a super nice guy
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
710 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Mark Wilson was the reason to come back in magic after my first tricks. I bought his “video course in magic” when I was 20 and I was hooked again. I learned “self folding bill and got crazy reactions! A place in my heart Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Mark Wilson's son, Greg (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL