The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from Devon in the UK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

YankeeTom
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of YankeeTom
Hi,
I'm Tom Lauten. I've come back to magic after a 32 year gap and I am loving it. It's early days for me at the moment and I am enjoying tricks like folding coins, matchbox penetration, Reality twister, thumbstrap escape, acrobatic matches, IT and ITRs and have made a few variations of my own on a couple of standards.

I am a special effect artist by trade and am quite inventive in terms of making weird and wonderful gadgets and props and in the art of illusion and misdirection,...well for film and tv anyway!

I love close up (and for now, selfworking tricks) you know, quick hit jaw droppers!

I am practicing sleights but we all know it takes time.

Please have a look at my FX work at
http://www.nimbacreations.com

If anyone gets any inspirations re stuff I might be able to help with just contact me. Right now I'm interesed in building a stock of tricks so I'm upfor some interesting swaps and barters!

All the best,
Tom
(YankeeTom)
danielhunley
View Profile
Regular user
Middle of No Where KY
168 Posts

Profile of danielhunley
Welcome Tom... I am sure you will have a great time here:) Smile
Jack Of Hearts!
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
Hello Tom! Everyone with an interest in magic is welcome here at the Café. There are plenty of forums for the sale and trade of items, as well as one for special FX. You may want to check out:
F/X
Tricks & Effects for Sale or Trade...
DVD's & Videos for Sale or Trade...
Books & Lecture Notes for Sale or Trade...
Stage Illusions for Sale or Trade...
Escape Items for Sale or Trade...

And there are several other forums here that may be of interest to you as well.

Also, a friendly reminder to check out the rules for posting before you post again. You can find them in the "Cafe Etiquette" forum.
Happy Posting!
Kathryn Novak
Grammar Hostess
If anyone sees my sanity, please return it to

me.
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Tom, welcome to the Café.

May I suggest you announce yourself in the 'Spooky mysterious and bizarre' forum? I've just looked at your site, and I know my fellow bizarrists will LOVE your work.

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Yankee Tom Smile Smile Smile
you have nice resume and I am sure that you will enjoy the Café a lot. Do not hesitate to join the discussions. Let me welcome you with a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill while you begin to type your next contributions.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Tom,
Welcome to the Café. Your arrival will certainly be met with excitement here. To add to Kathryn's list you may want to check out the forum on Building Your Own Props. I'm sure the rest of us will look forward to your postings cosidering your expertise in that field. Have fun reading all the post! Smile
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
Many welcomes Tom! I see "Nightbreed" is in your credits, which is one of my all-time favourite movies, in large part due to the awesome makeup/prosthetics and other FX work (plus it's set in Canada...) I'm one of those bizarrists and very glad you have come aboard!

-bigwolf {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from Devon in the UK (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL